Need advise about rims

n_bond

I have a 96 year Civic 4d sedan. I slamed my car for 1.5 inch by installing koni sport shocks. Going to install a skunk2 coilover springs. and slam it more for an inch.
My car has a steel rusty 14 rims. And they are very heavy.
I liked the grop on this picture on hatch and rims also but they are a little wide (afraid they will not fit inside the arch after slam).

So tell me please: if I order Diamond racing PRO lightweight 15x7 rims. What offset and backspace shoud be on them and rims wouldn't stick out the body and will be close to arches?
Just found picture with nice drop and wheels are not sticking out (want like this but rims would look better in black mat or charcoal color) Anyone have a thoughts what is the size, offset and backspace of theese rims and what size tires?

civic0918

Registered VIP
a 205 it tight after a drop. my 4 door is down 2inches and its real tight i need upper and lower front and rear strut bars not to rub when cornering.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol you think strut bars had anything to do with your tire clearance?

bond, most likely that's a 0 to 10 offset on those wheels with stretched tires and rolled fenders. imo, it's a fad that will end soon, just like altezza taillights and jdm stickers. save your money and get a wheel/tire combo that fits on your vehicle without modifications or stretching tires and you'll be happier in the end

15x6.5-7 +45mm with a 195/50 or 205/50 tire. or 16x6.5-7 +45mm with the same195/50 or 205/50 tire

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
a 205 it tight after a drop. my 4 door is down 2inches and its real tight i need upper and lower front and rear strut bars not to rub.
hahaha that makes no sense whatsoever.

op, you will need stretched tires and rolled fenders to fit those rims in nice and good, i;d just find some proper fitting ones to avoid hassle.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ lol

smackself? :smackself

civic0918

Registered VIP
um yeah i was talking about when you turn hard if your gap is as tight as mine yes you do need strut bars so your car dont get body roll. That cause your tires to rub hard that has everything to do with tire-fender clearance. I think it makes perfect sence...

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
strut bars do nothing to prevent body roll. they minimally help against chassis flex. if your tires are rubbing your fender when you turn you need stiffer suspension, i.e. high spring rates and firmer dampers. notice my sig image; my tires tuck in the rear and are flush in the front. I do not have any tire to fender contact when i turn corners and it' because of my very stiff suspension, not my strut bars. i promise your strut bars are not preventing your tires from rubbing your fenders either.. hope that makes sense

n_bond

strut bars do nothing to prevent body roll. they minimally help against chassis flex. if your tires are rubbing your fender when you turn you need stiffer suspension, i.e. high spring rates and firmer dampers. notice my sig image; my tires tuck in the rear and are flush in the front. I do not have any tire to fender contact when i turn corners and it' because of my very stiff suspension, not my strut bars. i promise your strut bars are not preventing your tires from rubbing your fenders either.. hope that makes sense
As for strut bars - you right. Only struts can't stop cornering. My suspension is pretty hard. But the biggest reason I want theese rims is their weight. Because 15 inch rim with 14-16 lbs cost usually more than 125-150 USD it's like Enkei, Kosei e.t.c. The lighter the wheel the more longer life of suspension, better stopping power, better acceleration and so on. But the only thing which helps not cornering in turns - it,s thicker sway bars + upper struts and definatelly hard shocks and springs.
1. Unsprung mass http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsprung_mass - but here is not much information.
I have a friend of mine who works for tire and rim company and knows pretty much about the weight of the weels and quality and also unsprung mass.
Every extra 2.2 pounds on the wheel cause 132.3 pounds of bounce on suspension which is negative for handling and grip. So the lighter the wheel - You get more grip, better stopping and accelerating power + longer life for suspension at all.

n_bond

By the way anyone used theese Diamond rims? How hard they are? because they are lightweight and only .095 inch thick.

The price is great and the weight eather and I like their look on lowered civic.