Need An Intake

silverbullet

5+ Year Member
Hi im looking for an intake for my 07 Honda civic LX. Not the most expensive but I do want something that will give me a good boost of power. I was not sure if i wanted a cold Air or not, i live in a reallly wet area and im worried about my car Hydrolocking. What and where can i get a good intake.

02hondaEx

k20a
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
decent price, go to ebay, dont buy a blank one, theres some good ones for your car

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
all honestly saying a good intake and wanting a good boost in power isn't possible, most gains you'll typically see is maybe 3-5 hp, in my opinion it would be a waste of money to buy one of those highend name brands when your really just paying for the name, what i would suggest is just getting a K&N drop in filter for your LX, and removing the tube that come from you resonator up to the lower part of the intake housing, would be better to just retain the stock tubing in all honestly, mainly cause the rubber tube coming from teh upper portion of the intake will actually help to reduce heat soak.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Fujita has a short ram out now on ebay..for like 160 and you can lowball and offer a lower price.

when/if i get one, im getting it powdercoated black, and ceramic coated to reduce heat

-Robby-

5+ Year Member
i have 2 set up ( winter and Summer)

Winter = Short ramm K&N no stress about Hydro and there is a Heat Sheild pretty nice Intake but...

Summer= CAI Injen Very Nice sound but i guess it give almost the same hp than the other one but i realy prefer my Cai

D17Denver

JDM products
5+ Year Member
Intake's aren't a waste of money not a big boost or even a noticable amount but ur car sounds louder if thats matters and 170 bucks shouldnt but alot of money since ur rollin around in a 8th gen. I 'd go with AEM V2 its short ram and its just as good as a cold air but do as u please and merry christmas homie:roll:

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Intake's aren't a waste of money not a big boost or even a noticable amount but ur car sounds louder if thats matters and 170 bucks shouldnt but alot of money since ur rollin around in a 8th gen. I 'd go with AEM V2 its short ram and its just as good as a cold air but do as u please and merry christmas homie:roll:
they are a waste if your looking for a "good boost in power", unless you butt-dyno can prove me wrong with lets say a bang for the bucket, or anything that your actually going to be able to feel on a R18 motor with just a intake making a difference in power.

ak_thrylls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
AEM / injen. i'd go with a short ram for whatever you brand you choose. i've had 5 intakes on 3 cars and my favorite was the AEM short ram. sounds great on a 5th gen prelue right before vtec engages.

D17Denver

JDM products
5+ Year Member
they arent a waste of money dud its about 170 to 2:roll: bills I mean ur talking about forced induction for power and tha's where serious tuning and power come from where talkin about a start to make a little power and 2 bills isn't alot of money unless you of course are on a real buget and if u got 2 bills for a little power and sound its coo.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
they arent a waste of money dud its about 170 to 2:roll: bills I mean ur talking about forced induction for power and tha's where serious tuning and power come from where talkin about a start to make a little power and 2 bills isn't alot of money unless you of course are on a real buget and if u got 2 bills for a little power and sound its coo.
forced induction isn't the only source is power dude! $200.00 dollars is a waste of money for a couple of hp, i'm not saying intakes in general are a waste, but paying that much for something so little in return is:roll:, lets say you get 10-15 hp, the the 2-300.00 spent is well worth it perhaps, but not something like 3hp:roll:

06_Spaceship

That Guy
5+ Year Member
I'm sticking with the most sensible thing and saying that you can buy a good intake off ebay all day long for around 150 to 160. but it will not be a big boost by no means no matter what kind of intake you buy.

GETxERxDONE

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
[SARCASM]cheap ebay FTW! [/SARCASM]

but are you from gadsden AL or is there another somewhere?

06_Spaceship

That Guy
5+ Year Member
[SARCASM]cheap ebay FTW! [/SARCASM]

but are you from gadsden AL or is there another somewhere?

No i dont think there's anouther one i'm from Gadsden AL... and there are intakes on ebay for like $70 and thats cheap honestly unless you want to go have one ordered and pay over $200. Just my opinion i might just be gettin screwed by the people who sell parts around here lol.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
An intake is just a metal pipe with a filter. Grab anyone you want as long as it fits. I wouldnt get the name brand ones, they dont offer anything more then the generic ones. At most you will gain 3hP but people dont add intakes for the HP unless they have cams, exhaust, headers, intake mani etc. They do it for the beautiful noise they produce and how they amplify the vtec crossover.

SJK

5+ Year Member
Intake

K&N Short ram intake is your best bet, so you dont have to worry about the rain getting into the cold-air intake. I've been very pleased with mine on my 07 ex, makes a big difference

yelohandL

5+ Year Member
if air is all u gonna do don do it. barely boosts power. get full piping, such as catback, headers exhaust n stuff but by it self, cold air intake or short ram wont do much. if u tell me u feel difference then i must say your bull shittin

Bizkit64

5+ Year Member
if air is all u gonna do don do it. barely boosts power. get full piping, such as catback, headers exhaust n stuff but by it self, cold air intake or short ram wont do much. if u tell me u feel difference then i must say your bull shittin
The first and fastest way to get more power out of any engine is to get more air into the engine and more exhaust out. A high-flowing, low restriction air filter setup is the way to start. Performace air filters are available for almost any application.

oh and how many headers do you have on your civic?