need cat delete opinions

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
whats up guys, my friend recently put an exhaust on his evo, and with it bought a ebay cat delete, no brand but makes his car much louder and deeper...i have an 01 civic ex and was wondering if i were to buy a one, would the changes be dramatic in the sound quality factor? and what brands are reccommended? i currently have an APEXi n1 catback on now...and info is helpful - thanks !

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
[from what I've heard.]

on our cars... deleting the cat will make the exhaust sound raspy and smell very bad. I've also heard that you'll get a 2whp gain at most.

[/from what I've heard.]

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
[from what I've heard.]

on our cars... deleting the cat will make the exhaust sound raspy and smell very bad. I've also heard that you'll get a 2whp gain at most.

[/from what I've heard.]

what do you mean by raspy

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no it does not sound liek that get a good mid pipe...its not worth getting a cat i had one on my car and it makes your car obnoxiosuly loud and raspy its just a sloppy sound. you can have mine for 70 its aerospeed but its honestly not worth getting it not for teh small gain that you honestly dont even noticed

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
RiPPiN_iT said:
what do you mean by raspy
Raspy is a type of sound... I guess the best way I can describe it is..... the exhaust doesnt sound "full". It's like a weekened sound. lol, I doubt that helps any.... How about this. Pretty much everybody agrees that an exhaust that souds raspy sounds like crap. lol

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
damn, alright thanks guys, i was just curious cause my friends evo sounds amazing with it - thanks again

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Too bad us Calfornians need that freaking cat. because mine would pur like a ... kitten?

blah...lol

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
don't forget that your friend's evo has a bit more power than our civics =oP

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
TRUST ME just leave it.... especially since you have an apexi.. ;)

if you take your cat off with the n1, everyone will hate you....and you will hate yourself

take my word :lol:

EK_99_BOI

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i also have an apexi n1... i just found out that my cat is half way gutted out.. is it going to be sounding like crap or what? wouldnt a gutted cat be compared to a test pipe considering there is no blockage??

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
another question, is there anyway i can make my car louder without doing anything big and without it sounding like complete shiot?

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why?

BUT if you do there 3 option you can take all very easy
1. take the exhaust off...who really needs it anyways
2. take out the drill more holes=more noise
3. gut the cat, cutt of the resonator, and try to remove the packign material in the muffler.

seriosuyl though once you changed your header, midpipe, and intake, and muffler theres really not much more you can do legally to make the car louder. neighbors will hate you and cops will hear you. everywhere. once you have these 4 done your as maxxed out as you can legally be.

ill post a sound clip of my car i have hp racing header, aem intake, hks hi flow rear section, and arospeed midpipe.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude your goignt o lose a s**t load of back pressure thats why they dont make anythign for our cars with 3 inch its insane yoru car will sound like shiat. your goignt og et annoyed wiht a loud car mine drives me nuts when im stopping and staritng ina neighbor hood