Need Catalytic Converter help for 93 eg hatch with ls/vtec...

JDeg6

I need help on which catalytic converter to get because my car does not currently have one and i need to pass emissions...

Its a
*93 dx hatch with a ls/v, (b18a1 bottom end, gsr head, p72 ecu).
* It has a hytech replica header with a apexi world sport one full exhaust, ( No catalytic converter ) ...

Do i get one made for a stock gsr, stock 90-93 integra, etc.. this is what im not sure about...

Ive looked it up on google forever and theres nothing on the subject...Any help is appreciated...

L.D.Forget

your best bet would be an aftermarket high flow cat. If you throw a magnaflow one on directly before going in, you should pass. From what most people say, it doesnt last very long.

L.D.Forget

do you really need any other input? a stock one will not bolt in, regardless of what motor its for. Even if you did get a stock one for whatever car (you WOULD choose the GSR cat) it would not be a large enough diameter to match your aftermarket exhaust. You need a aftermarket cat.

emjay

mazdatruckin.com moderato
GSR head, GSR exhaust, GSR cat would be needed. However if the diameter of your exhaust is bigger than factory or there are no flanges present then your only option is a weld-in aftermarket. You could always get some flanges welded in and have a straight piece made for when you don't need to pass emissions. I did that a while back before the antique laws hit my truck :D

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
even if you get a stock catalytic converter, it still wont pass because your motor doesn't match meaning that as long as the head or block is different from one to another, it won't pass smog. Unless it's a complete GSR or LS, it will pass. Trust me dude

clarkandrew45

even if you get a stock catalytic converter, it still wont pass because your motor doesn't match meaning that as long as the head or block is different from one to another, it won't pass smog. Unless it's a complete GSR or LS, it will pass. Trust me dude
I think your absolutely right. I mean, i dont have background on this but same scenario happens to my friend's high flow catalytic converter.