need help and advice

IZOMBIE

5+ Year Member
hello to all!! im new to this forum. i just bought a 1997 civic ex. great car just kinda slow (5spd)
i just bought a cai from aem and it wont fit. i have a d16y8 motor and the throutle body is pointing upward
pls i need some pic and instruction for this intake.

thanks

90B16Ed

At Your Mom's House
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hello to all!! im new to this forum. i just bought a 1997 civic ex. great car just kinda slow (5spd)
i just bought a cai from aem and it wont fit. i have a d16y8 motor and the throutle body is pointing upward
pls i need some pic and instruction for this intake.

thanks

How does the CAI not fit...?

TheBandit181

5+ Year Member
The upward pointing throttle body is found on the d16y7 or the CX, DX, LX. An EX should have a throttle body with the inlet facing the passenger side. Check the engine code to be sure you have the d16y8, it is below the distributor cap on the block.

Silver98

5+ Year Member
AEM could have sent you the wrong intake. Make sure you ordered an intake for a ex and not a dx like TheBandit181 was saying

Civic2007

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
even though they may have sent you the wrong intake this is a very easy problem to fix.....take a stroll to autozone and go through the aisles til you find a piece of elbow piping, buy a sleeve, and a couple clamps.....problem solved

IZOMBIE

5+ Year Member
thanks guys, really appreciated.
yah i got a d16y7 sucks i bought the wrong one. as of autozone, i dont know if we do have it in here in toronto canada.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^you can go to any random parts store, they should have some.