Need help, buying this shell!

D16cruizer

5+ Year Member
I recently saw a deal for a si shell. Its a salvage title due to the reason that it was stolen. Now here is the problem. I ran a carfax report and it says that the salvage certificate was issued 1/31/2004. The guy who is selling it to me showed me the cert and it says that it was issued on 1/20/2004. Could there be anyway that he is showing me the duplicate of the salvage cert. Next thing is that on the cert it says that the owner is State Farm Mut Auto Ins. The guy who is selling it to me said he bought it at some auction I believe. Now should I buy the shell since the cert does not have his name and if I do get it, do I only have to get him to sign the back of the cert. and I sign the back of the cert? The only reason I am asking is because I do not want to get screwed over when I fix the car and then I find out that I can't register it due to the reason that its not the owner on the Cert. that is selling it to me. Please help me out here guys. Would greatly appreciate it.

here is a copy of the carfax report:

05/15/1999 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Hummelstown, PA Registered as
personal vehicle

06/08/1999 11 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Hummelstown, PA Title or registration issued
First owner reported
Loan or lien reported

01/21/2000 8,349 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Montgomery, PA Title or registration issued

03/27/2002 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Bensalem, PA Registration updated when owner moved
the vehicle to a new location

03/24/2003 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Horsham, PA Registration updated when owner moved
the vehicle to a new location

07/29/2003 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Horsham, PA Title issued or updated
Duplicate title issued

01/31/2004 Pennsylvania
Motor Vehicle Dept. NOT ACTUAL MILEAGE TITLE ISSUED
JUNK TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED
CARFAX Advisor™

A NAM title is issued when the owner discloses to a DMV mileage fraud, a broken odometer or that the actual mileage of this vehicle is unknown.

Mileage reported after this reading is potentially unreliable.

Last edited:

D16cruizer

5+ Year Member
bump, 15 views and no reply? Comon please help.

JayM550

5+ Year Member
just ahve dude sign the cert with the guys name thats on the cert not lik they neep id of prev owner when u register

trace01m

E thug.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I say go for it, you'll just have to get an inspection to have retored salvage title. You won't have a problem registering it as long as you have the title.

D16cruizer

5+ Year Member
Alright I just purchased the shell today, its a 99 blue si shell, everything is there besides the wheels, cluster, seats, motor, engine wire harness, the airbag harness is cut, and the front calipers and brake lines are gone. I got the shell for 800 bucks, do you guys think that this is a good deal?