need help choosing between two SI's

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Guys try to give him a break. Just because he has his heart set on an 8th gen Si doesnt mean he isnt listening.

What did you end up deciding on?

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
By no means was my intention to sounds like I was bashing. The 8th gen Si is a very fun car and I understand why he has his heart set on it. I just keep seeing the same questions over and over like he is just waiting for us to answer the way he wants.

Whichever route you go, just keep in mind that things change down the road. Financial situations change quickly. I work in financing now and I see it EVERYDAY. Just make sure you don't make a hasty decision based on emotions and wants. Once your credit takes a dive, it takes A LOT of work to get it back in good shape, if it ever comes back at all.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I know you werent bashing, I didnt think you were. But if he doesnt listen, he doesnt listen. It isnt going to affect you much either way. You have already provided very help" kind of stuff.

And I totally agree with you. Just because he can afford the payments now with his job at Staples, doesnt mean s**t wont change. "Life happens" isnt a phrase that was just made up for shits and giggles, its true. You dont have a clue where you will be in 5 years, when your payments will be over.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just keep seeing the same questions over and over like he is just waiting for us to answer the way he wants.
That is exactly what I saw as well. Didn't get the answer that was wanted so lets keep on asking.

Just because he can afford the payments now with his job at Staples, doesnt mean s**t wont change. "Life happens" isnt a phrase that was just made up for shits and giggles, its true. You dont have a clue where you will be in 5 years, when your payments will be over.

Very true, but take out the 5 years. You don't have a clue where you will be next month in this economy. I have been in the residential contracting industry for 8 years now and have seen, in the last year, house building titans go down hard. Guys that have been the top builders in this state for well over a couple decades that are now nothing and are out in the job market like millions of people. Those are guys that were making a TON of money a month and this kid only works at Staples. Yes, it is great to even have a job right now, but it can flip in an instant. Trust me.

Nothing is secure in this economy right now.

florida13

70,000 miles... got it down to 10,000... i am also getting more $ taken off because i am building him a dealership website and getting him some good football tickets.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
SO how much did you have to finance? Looks good, Need some better rims and a drop but looks good...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Not a bad deal at all, glad you didnt go with something more expensive.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You and your friend waxed it in the garage huh????

Wax it

1. To ask a girl to go down on you; to recieve head; to ask for a blowjob 2. A humorous way to scare someone if they get accidentally get too close to your crotch

florida13

just touched it up all around.. ill shoot some more pics soon..

does anybody suggest like any exghaust or should i just leave it stock..

florida13

thanks haha... but any suggestions.. like i have $700 store credit to this shop in town... and they dont give refunds so i got $700 to put towards the car.. what should i aim for? car audio or what.. i dont know

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
My suggestion will be the same that I give everyone. Wait. Give it like 6 months and then decide. Right now you really dont have a good idea of what you would like to improve. Store credit should always be good.....unless the shop goes out of business.

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ask yourself:

What would you like out of your car? Comfort? Performance (handling, power, etc)?

Prioritize what's most important to you. For example: I'm more interested in a comfortable ride than a fast one. I cleaned up the interior up and made it to where I WANTED to be in it.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
put it towards a better set of rims, then sell yours and break even :thumbs up