need help fast

tchazlee@yahoo.

Hey I have a 98 civic coupe ex and I have the money for a swap now and I been lookin for a b16a2 swap but haven't had any luck yet, but 2day I just happened to rub up on a k20a3 the complete swap for 1200 dollars and its only got 100k miles. The motor is from a 01 rsx and it was hit in the back so he sellin the motor and everything under good and all for 1200. I no there is a lot more modifications to do for my car and its a more complicated swap than a b16 but is it worth it? Or should I wait for the b16? What's yallls opinion

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would not buy a b16.. the K swap is outside of my knowledge base.. I know nothing about what it takes to get it in.. what I will tell you is I had a GSR motor in my EK and it ran good, and ran strong.. was pretty easy to install as well.. took about a day and and a bunch of liquor to get it done..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why not a b16? That seems to be the main one people swap to that I've met
B16 and B18 are about the same swap work wise.. and the B18C will net you a more powerful engine..

rayaccord101

Registered VIP
do a b18 block with b16 head and then turbo. And be ready to burn a hole in your pocket when you turbo and remember dont cheap out on anything, cause you get what you pay for.

Ron...

5+ Year Member
for 1200 bucks I'd probably go with the K, but I was offered one for 400 and didn't take it...The K will cost you a bit more than the B, but will give you a lot more power. If you plan on going turbo anyways, I'd say skip the K and get a B18 non-vtec. Cheap, easy to find, and they can hold boost pretty well.

tchazlee@yahoo.

Ha yea I no. I just got a job witmy uncle makin like 1500 a week just so I could fix my car up lol so any ideas will be helpful I wanna do it right

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
with that kinda cash (assuming youre not at school or have many expenses)
i would,
go K. K20 head. K24 block. Kpro. i/h/e upgrade. upgrade internals. turbo. done.

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
*oops not headers lol youre going turbo anyway :P

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
STAY AWAY FROM THE A3!

Its a b***h motor, and you could buy that full motor with trans for less that $1k easily.

I bought my complete A2 swap for $1300, after destroying my A3. The A3's head is so susceptible to breakage and failure.

It'll be much more work to put the K in your car, so i recommend finding a B18 somewhere.

tchazlee@yahoo.

Dang dude your breakin me down lol I got myself all worked up for that k20a3. If its bad then I'm not messin wit it I want a good setup that's gonna last

Ed[K*]

GO! GO! GADGET VTEC!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i shouldve read closer, didnt see that he put "a3"
k20a2 or z1 are good options as opposed to the shitty a3.

good setup that lasts?
my previous post on here (minus the turbo and add headers into the equation)

justinturner92

new to the game
5+ Year Member
OP, you wouldn't just so happened to be interested in two Seadoo Jetskis on a double trailer with new tires on it, would you?

I'm located in Pascagoula, MS.

Trying to find a buyer for my jetskis so that I can have my first project.

Let me know! Thanks. (Not trying to thread jack btw. I'm done after this post.)

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you're looking to boost down the road, go with a B18B. Low compression, GREAT for boost, and holds up to it very well. I'm boosting 10psi on the STOCK block right now on a .60 trim, and the only thing I need right now are ARP studs because the head is lifting from the block lol.

Not only that, but B18B's are pretty cheap. Got mine complete with tranny attached, and all parts except ECU and axles for $1100. 34k on it too..

RonJ

Banned
My understanding is that the K swap is VERY expensive. You may want to do more research.