Need Help Finding A Guide For Loosening Belts

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
1995 Civic EX D16z6 with A/C, P/S and C/C. I need to add a new alternator belt when I put on the new alternator. I know that requires loosening/removing the P/S and A/C belts. I'm just looking for a guide to help me out. I've looked all over CC, HondaTech, and Google. Nothing that was helpful enough for me. Hell, I even have a Chilton and that isn't helping. My brain is probably just being stupid but I want to know how to do it so when it comes to that. It's a simple process. Help me out. Thanks in advance.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Huh?

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
My alternator belt snapped. Seized alternator. Looking for a guide or something on how to put the new belt on.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Remove the alternator. Install new belt :what:

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
:slap::wak::kickass:

I know how to get the belt on the alternator. I don't know how to get it on the crankshaft(other pulley).

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:smackself

Dude, it's pretty self explanitory. Loosen the top bolt of the alternator, and it allows the alternator to swivel front to back. Bring it back and it should loosen the tension off the belt. then you can slide the belt off the two pulleys.
Take the new belt, slide it onto the crank pulley, then the alternator pulley, and push the alternator towards the back of the car to tighten the tension on the belt. Tighten bolt. How do you not know how to get it on the crank pulley? Like you said you're going to have to remove the other two belts.

Boom. Done.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
You guys aren't getting it. I have NO problem with the alternator. There isn't even one on the car ATM. I'm having trouble removing the two OTHER belts so I can put the new alternator belt on.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Sorry if I sound rude. I've been up since 530 and it's 1230 here. I barely got any sleep last night. I have tons of family and friends telling me to hurry up and fix this car. I'm getting impatient.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im not trying to sound rude here either but i seriously dont understand why you are having problems.

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
Because Honda is f**king retarded. Why design the belts like that and not give any room AT ALL to work on it. f**k Honda. A/C belt is loose but won't come off the pulley. I give up. I'm about to throw a wrench through the f**king drivers window. Admin or mod can close this thread as I don't need a guide anymore. (Forgot about RonJ's sig). What I need is a big bowl of the dankest weed known to man and yes I'm extremely f**king irritated now.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Dont give up! Sorry i couldnt help...

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Loosen the 2 p/s pump mounting bolts, then loosen the adjusting bolt on top. That will free the belt.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Because Honda is f**king retarded. Why design the belts like that and not give any room AT ALL to work on it. f**k Honda. A/C belt is loose but won't come off the pulley. I give up. I'm about to throw a wrench through the f**king drivers window. Admin or mod can close this thread as I don't need a guide anymore. (Forgot about RonJ's sig). What I need is a big bowl of the dankest weed known to man and yes I'm extremely f**king irritated now.
Hondas are one of the easiest to change belts IMO. Fords are hardest for me

WalkingComplex

Stock As All Hell
Registered VIP
I've got the P/S belt off. Loosened the whole 12mm bolts. Busted the wingnut bolt though. Oh well. I got the A/C pulley loose, wont let the belt go though. Jeff, for me it's not. I don't want to remove anything I don't have to. Mymmery, I'm done for today. I don't have the new alternator or belt anyways. That won't be until tomorrow or Friday.

JeffBel

Registered VIP
When I start ripping into my car I'll make a bunch of DIYs. This will be one of them