Need Help guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StealthSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey guys here we go again i took care of the nasty oil leak ie the turbo seals were GONE and there was oil all over the place specially comming out of the DP/ hotside of the turbo, now there is oil comming out of the BOV i think please guys dont tell me the seals on the turbo are bad i just installed a NEW turbo there is NO smoke out the back at all also the oil leak is on the front passenger side as you can see on the pics i took the BOV out and noticed oil in the charge pipe not alot but enough to be noticeble but again there is NO smoke out the exhaust. please help again.

this are some pics i took

the block and engine are CLEAN

boosted94civic

5+ Year Member
I think you might have some blow by coming out you need a oil catch can. can i ask where you got the valve cover i want that valve cover.

Missteggy

5+ Year Member
A catch Can definitly Can't hurt but I don't think that is your only problem. I mean catch cans can go weeks with out needing to be emptied. If you just started this thing up and now there is oil coming out the BOV I think you have a bigger problem.

Unfortunately I"m not sure what that problem could be though

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what kind of turbo do you have and what kind of oil pressure are you running?

the reason i ask:

most hondas run MINIMUM 50psi of oil pressure at 3000RPM. Garrett suggests 30psi oil pressure for T3 series turbos. if you aren't running a restrictor, that might be your problem (if you are running a garrett turbo, i'll have to look up specs for other turbo manufacturers). if you can't disassociate the problem, get an oil pressure gauge and monitor it.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stupid question but did you clean the piping after you changed the seals/turbo?

on my dads supra we had the same problems with the turbo seals blowing and when we put the new kit on we didnt really clean the insides of the charge piping, intercooler, intake manifold piping so it was still spitting out oil out of the bov but after a few hours of rinsing the oil went away..just my .02

StealthSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thank you guys for all the responds i will have to check on the charge pipes but i do have a restrictor and is an Ebay turbo

StealthSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i unhooked it i was told not to run it from the valve cover anyone knows the proper way to installed a greddy catch can?

silentdaredevil

Its not slow, its lag
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there is a black box on the back of the block where the crankcase relieves it's pressure. It then goes through the pcv valve and is recirculated and burnt out the exhaust. There are two ways to do this. First is to eliminate that box and the pcv valve, then replace it with a fitting that is then ran to the catch can. The fitting can be bought from a honda dealer. The only downside is that it is threaded and is intended to be used on a b-series block. Now what you would have to do is get that fitting turned down at a machine shop to fit in the hole. If this is not possible for you there is another option. option #2 leave the black box in place and just eliminate the pcv valve. To do this you will need to attach a fitting to the black box, via weld or tap, and then run you hose off of that. Im not a fan of this way because its sort of half ass'n it but it works. Then all you have to do is run the line from the valve cover to the other port on the catch can.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't think it has anything to do with a catch can. Look at where the oil is and look at where the BOV is pointed.

It's an internal issue, either pushing oil through the seals or he didn't have it all cleaned up from the first turbo taking a dump on him. Double check that oil restrictor.