need help im stummped

civicex16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i have a 99 si original b16a2 about 2 months ago i was changing my rotor button and broke the black l shaped thing in the distributor under the button the car still ran but was missing i bought a brand new distributor and it hasnt ran since it will start on occasion but wont run but about 10 seconds

its firing
getting gas
im assuming its in time since it was running fine before this
all fuses are good

any help would be great

RonJ

Banned
Any CEL codes?

Did you install the plug wires on the distributor cap in the correct firing order? The cylinders are ordered 4-3-2-1 from the distributor to the timing belt.

civicex16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes thats correct but what about the tdc part is that necessary ive never done that if so how??

RonJ

Banned
Any CEL codes?

Do you hear the fuel pump prime?

Check for spark at all four spark plugs using this method. Spark should be bright white.

TDC1 = Turn crank pulley counterclockwise until the white mark on the crank pulley aligns with the pointer on the lower timing belt.

civicex16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
spark is weak and i have a aftermarket pulley with no mark.. and as far as the tdc do i need to uninstall the dizzy hit tdc then reinstall

RonJ

Banned
If spark is weak, then the coil may be blown. You probably don't have to reinstall the dizzy.

civicex16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and yes fuel pump is working i should add about 2 months b4 all this the car dies on me for no reason and wouldnt restart came back one hour later and was as if nothing ever happend

civicex16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have a code for the IAT but thats a bad wire its been on

civicex16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well my old dizzy was wired with msd ext coil i did away with all of that and im running the internal now

civicex16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you pulled codes recently? A new one may have popped up.
no i dont have a reader here but it prolly hasnt run long enough for any to trip not to mention the dead battery

civicex16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
forgot to mention spark plugs ive put about 5 new sets in it about the trys to start itr and their soaked in gas