Need Help on Exhaust

WKHCivic

SloCivic
5+ Year Member
Ight I am kinda new to the performance part of all this. I know i want to put an AEM SRI on and I know i need a set of headers and exhaust. However thats where it stops. I have been doin some reading and I just get more confused. I found a set of headers with a hi-flo cat but I was told that if i get cat-back then i dont need the hi-flow cat, which i understood. But when it comes to choosing a catback system I dont want a ricer sound, i wont something deep. So if you all could recommend something for me I would greatly appreciate it. I have a 2001 LX 4dr.

Intake:
AEM SRI

Headers:
HP Racing Special H26

Cat Back:
? Help me! I need something deep sounding

OverboostSI

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a greddy sp and its pretty deep when you get on the gas. Its quiet when your just driving the streets. Just how i wanted it.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1 - you only have one header because you have a 4 banger

2 - if you get a catback exhaust that means the new exhasts starts AFTER the catalytic converter, hence the name, so you can still get a hi-flo cat. it would actually be better to do that because if you have high flow at the end of the exhaust, but lo flow ( smaller, stock piping ) you won't gain as much as if the whole system is hi flo. if would be best to not have a cat at all but we need them to pass emissions, depending on where you live.

3 - greddy doesn't make a bad exhaust. there are other great exhaust's out there but greddy is the only company ive dealt with personally and i personally guarantee you will like it. i have a greddy evo on my car and it sounds amazing, the farthest from rice that you can get. really deep, really quiet, its awsome. i would definitly recommend it

WKHCivic

SloCivic
5+ Year Member
Alright let me make sure I have this straight. I need to get the headers with the hi-flo cat and greddy is the best to go wtih. Now do i need to get greddy evo 2 or is there a diff. one. So far the only greddy evo 2 I found fits and ex 4dr. will this fit mine? and also does anyone know how magnaflow sounds?

CivicKid95

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
as stated earlier, you need one headeR and Greddy is just one of many great axhaust companies. magnaflow has one of the deepest tones around. I really like a low note, and if that's what you're going for, it might not be a bad idea. they are also cheaper han many other systems on the market. if you are curious about exhausts, check out some sites, like those of our sponsors. HKS, Apex'i, RS*R and many others are good brands.

WKHCivic

SloCivic
5+ Year Member
I know I only have one header but a set of headers i found has a hi flo cat and i was trying to find out if i need to get the hi flo cat or not if i get a cat back system. because from my understanding of a previous statement someone told me i should get the hi flo cat and cat back but i dk if i understood that correctly.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can get a high flow cat to help you get a little more flow from the header..but u don't necessarly need it..the stock one will do jus fine..

WKHCivic

SloCivic
5+ Year Member
Ight I think i have figured out what to do. I am gonna get a magnaflow cat back. Does anyone have this on their car if so could you please let me know what you think about it. I think I am also gonna get the headers with the hi flo cat so i can move some more exhaust through. So yall just let me know what yall think of this idea or if I should do something different.

gearbox

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
RSR exhaust doesn't have a huge muffler and tip and has low deep tone.

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WKHCivic said:
Ight I think i have figured out what to do. I am gonna get a magnaflow cat back. Does anyone have this on their car if so could you please let me know what you think about it. I think I am also gonna get the headers with the hi flo cat so i can move some more exhaust through. So yall just let me know what yall think of this idea or if I should do something different.
magnaflow is a good exhaust, not too loud, not too quiet, if you get it from the right company on ebay you can get a free hi flow cat from them (which is also magnaflow) w/ a header it may be a lil louder but will still sound good