need help on lowering my ride

fictrs

hi i have a 1997 civic. i already have it dropped but i think the somethings broken cause i think its the strut bars that are making a squeaking noise every time i hit a dip in the street. MY QUESTION IS WILL COILOVERS DROP MY CAR???? cause i like how it sits right now. i think its dropped like 2 inches pretty low and sweet looking. and i dont want to lose that look

CDubs

Registered VIP
function and form (since i know the specs a little) can lower you car fron .5 inch - 3inch or so

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't understand.

idkfreddy

5+ Year Member
Question was : Will coilovers drop my car.
Pretty sure coilovers can drop your car, just do some searching on coilovers whichever fits your best preference from looks to performance.

the_net

sure it will...but you have to select that type of coilovers that has adjustable height and damping...or else...you may get the drop...but your going to get a bad headache all the time riding it...

dwoodson87

ProtekYaNeck
5+ Year Member
coilovers are far superior to springs in my opinion because you can adjust your ride height to be exactly where u like it. Many come with adjustable dampening as well.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would go with the coilovers, they will drop the car to WHATEVER height you choose. springs do not have that capability. You get em as is.