Need help on which wheels and tires to get!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0s3ph

Hello guys! I'm new to the site and just know a little bit about cars since this is my very first car and I'm barely getting my license soon so bare with me. But anyway my brother recently got a DB8 so he gave his civic to me and this is what it looks like =)

So I'm not sure if I should just get his Work BRM's bigger lips because I would like to go wider. But I also would like to go lower so I need to change the wheels to 15's since they are 16's right now. My choices are Rota Grid V's or MSR 229. Which one do you guys think is better? and I'm thinking of running 185/45/r15 or195/45/r15 It's a daily driven car so which tires are a better option? Safety wise, any help would be great! I photo shopped these 2 images so you guys can see. Thanks!

Choices

Rota Grids V

MSR 229

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Keep the rims that are on it now...

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
rotas in white look sick nasty with them lips.. How wide of rims are you wanting?

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Hard to tell, can you post another picture of the car?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you are going to give up real quality wheels for rotas? the f**k, i recommend talking to your brother first.i would whoop your ass for that one

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
Yeah but he said his bro was taking the rims for his teg.. Well IMO +0 is pretty rediculous especially x9s, I would take it on if its just a car you plan on taking to shows, not racing or anything.. You're gonna need 195/45s, camber and fender work for them.. +25 might be a better idea because you can always add spacers for more poke.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ah i missed that part

well 15x9 0et rear can be done and has been done many times

i dont know how well it would work in the front though. i say go 25 in the front and 0 rear

j0s3ph

Yeah but he said his bro was taking the rims for his teg.. Well IMO +0 is pretty rediculous especially x9s, I would take it on if its just a car you plan on taking to shows, not racing or anything.. You're gonna need 195/45s, camber and fender work for them.. +25 might be a better idea because you can always add spacers for more poke.
Thanks man you're helping me a lot! =) So the MRS comes in 0 and 25 offset and if i get those wheels +25 is better than 0 offset? What about if I get the Rotas? they come in 0 and -15 offset

j0s3ph

I dig that^ How much is a set of them rotas? I like em..
They're not out here in the U.S. yet but there's this shop at New Zealand that sells them for like $1000 something with tires and free shipping. If they don't come out by the time I'm saving up I might just get the MRS but yeah I was leaning towards Rotas but they're not out here yet :(

RealRabbit

Registered VIP
Can I have more pics any ways? Preferably the ones not posted on the Honda sites on FB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thread cleaned and closed. Dead thread is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.