Need help picking tires

4CleanDoors

5+ Year Member
Hey guys, need new tires for the rims I just bought. Bought a set of LS Mesh's (15''). Right now I have some pos tires on my 15's and am looking forward to getting my first set of good tires. Here are the tires I have been looking at. Let me know what you think and leave further suggestions.

Yokohama Es100
Falken Ziex 512
Kumho 712

Give me your other suggestions. I DO NOT want a tire that will only last 10,000 miles, looking for between 20 and 30,000 before replacement.

Help is appreciated.

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have the falken Ziex 512's and I absolutey love them. Very smooth ride

Za0G13

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
falken ziex ze-512's man!, totally!. I'm getting those tires soon myself. i've read GREAT FANTASTIC reviews about those tires. they are a performance low pro-file tire thats also all season. they last about 30,000 miles...it's the best tire for a not too high price. A VERY HAPPY MEDIUM. IMO

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The Ziex ZE512s and the Ecsta Supra 712s are gonna last about the same under the same conditions.
The AVS ES100s offer a superior compound, making them stickier when heated, but causing them to wear faster. I think their treadwear is only like 280.

mr_ducksauce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive read a few reviews on the es100s...and alot of people are happy with them as well. They last a long time, is what i've read in the reviews and handle surprisingly well.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they don't have a treadwear of 280 because they last a long time...

SleepingSol

10sec dd or BUST
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've got Nitto Neogens and i love them. They are designed to work with cars with negative camber if its lowered. They ride smooth too

autox7

5+ Year Member
All of those tires are solid tires for the money. What you may want to consider is which one of those you can get locally. Yes, you can get them cheaper on the 'net. But what happens if you have problems with one of them? Like one goes out of round, or the side wall blows out? I'm not trying to wish that on you, just presenting food for thought.

I just think that somethings are better bought locally. Yes, you will probably pay more, but it will be worth it if you have any kinds of issues.

vietnameeh

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think es100s are garbage...
not a fan of the ziex 512s

but hte KUMHOs are badass for a budget tire

ruff_ridaz99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i recommend the toyo proxies T1-R...very sticky and by far the best tires i've used whether it be track, street, or auto-x...and really cheap too!

sidewayzinCA

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dunlop FM901's are cheap and perform really well in dry conditions. in wet they arent very good. if these are going to be summer wheels i would recommend them. you cant beat there performance for the price but they have really bad wet charactersitics.

Interlinker

THe doctor is in...
5+ Year Member
I've had alot of luck with Kuhmos... they have a few new options out now if you are looking for all season... great treadwear ratings also

ruff_ridaz99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did i mention...i got my toyo proxies T1-R's for $60 per wheel? best performance you can buy, IMO!

4CleanDoors

5+ Year Member
Ok, well I'm not getting them of the net, almost all Sears Automotives will match ANY price on the net, so I get my tires from there. I should be going there this weekend to order them, the ES100 I found for 51 a piece, the Ziex for 52 a piece and the 712 for 59 a piece. Any other opinions before I buy them?

HondaP_wer

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mayn!

i got yokohomas avid h4s...with 500 treadwear! lol yeah but they are very good tires..hold turns fairly well, but draw back is rapid acceleration...not bad tho

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
4CleanDoors said:
Ok, well I'm not getting them of the net, almost all Sears Automotives will match ANY price on the net, so I get my tires from there. I should be going there this weekend to order them, the ES100 I found for 51 a piece, the Ziex for 52 a piece and the 712 for 59 a piece. Any other opinions before I buy them?
they match prices on the net? I dont believe that

autox7

5+ Year Member
Believe it or not Sears will match any price that they can pull up on the internet.

I bought my wide screen HDTV that way. It was on sale at Best Buy on their website. I found the exact same TV on the showroom floor at Sears and told them that I wanted that TV, but it was on sale at Best Buy. They sales lady pulled up Best Buy's website verified what I told her, then matched the price and gave me 10% on top of that.

So he speaks the truth.