Need help/ Power windows and locks wont work

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok my friends 5th gen 4 door ex has power locks windows and mirrors standard

One day all four windows stop working, the left side mirror stop working.

Right side mirror is fine and and sun roof mirror is fine. CHecked all fuses replaced them too

We are stumped.. and its summer and its hot.. Any help is appreciated

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
an ex should have ac lol i will look into it for you sorry stumped right now.

Fantom_Phury

4 Doors = Mo' Hoes
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
that sux, but theres a solution, hope it helps

Im sure as hell glad it aint my car!
but there could be no other solution for it other than this...
1)remove the door panel on the driver side, (look for a DIY if you dont know how to)
2)take out the factory speaker or aftermarket if you have one on the driver side
3)trace the speaker positive n negative wire down to the wires bound together
4)feel the wire up to where it connects with the door into the engine bay
5)if the male portion of the wire is detatched from the female part, then that explains why the right side doesnt work at all. If this wire is NOT connected, your left side doesnt work at all, and in relation to ur windows, it keeps the switch from communicating with the fuse sending power to all the other windows. so your power windows n the left side mirror should work.

let me know if this helps or not

civicdrvr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so wait the speaker wires are stopping the windows from working !???lol because im having the same problem kinda both windows on my left side aren't working!???

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Fantom_Phury said:
Im sure as hell glad it aint my car!
but there could be no other solution for it other than this...
1)remove the door panel on the driver side, (look for a DIY if you dont know how to)
2)take out the factory speaker or aftermarket if you have one on the driver side
3)trace the speaker positive n negative wire down to the wires bound together
4)feel the wire up to where it connects with the door into the engine bay
5)if the male portion of the wire is detatched from the female part, then that explains why the right side doesnt work at all. If this wire is NOT connected, your left side doesnt work at all, and in relation to ur windows, it keeps the switch from communicating with the fuse sending power to all the other windows. so your power windows n the left side mirror should work.

let me know if this helps or not
Thanks for the help bro... i am a complete idiot for not realizing what was wrong... i should not be allowed to touch my own car. :cry:

Fantom_Phury

4 Doors = Mo' Hoes
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no problem BlackHope, if anything happens like that again, ill gladly take the trip after i fill my tank and show u how to do it.
civicdrvr, not sure if it would fix ur problem because the wire to the under the hood fuse controlls all your windows, so ur right side windows shouldnt be working either, but take a look and see if it is connected, if connected maybe your switch is defective. did u check your fuses?