Need Help, Ratiator help. Maybe engine help. HELP!

EJmatt

Problem Solved

It was a nice day at the park, I go to leave and smoke starts pouring from the hood (white smoke). I immediately turn the car off and pop the hood. When I get out of the car I was pretty shocked to find a hell of a looooong trail of radiator fluid that went all the way back to the park entrance. I just got a new radior like a month ago! The coolant is all over my engine and radiator but it seems the radiator is intact. so we started it again and sure enough its pouring out. It almost looks like its coming from the bottom of the engine. My coolant resivor is still full after all of this so where the f**k is it coming from! Could the engine block be cracked?
After all this my dad tows me home. It starts right up when we get there and everything. The other thing is that it idles alittle funny which how I found out something was wrong to begin with. It bounces back and fourth from 1500 rpm to about 2500 rpm. Never did that until this happend.

I will be updating this untill the problem is fixed. If you want to help check back for updates. Ask questions.
Give me input. I need some help. Im young and have aloooooooot to learn.

IF YOU NEED MORE INFO ASK!!

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bummer. white smoke could of been due of burning radiator fluid. your task is to find out where the leak came from. Internal or external. You should look at internal first since its visible to the eye. inspect all hoses, cap, radiator, under engine....

also, was your reservoir full to beginning with?

EJmatt

bummer. white smoke could of been due of burning radiator fluid. your task is to find out where the leak came from. Internal or external. You should look at internal first since its visible to the eye. inspect all hoses, cap, radiator, under engine....

also, was your reservoir full to beginning with?

The reservoir was full to begin with. Im gonna check all the hoses and everything in a little bit. The radiator wasnt hot either. And doesnt appear to have any cracks from what I i could see. All the caps where secure and tight. Ill be taking it out and inspecting it better along with the hoses when I get some time to.( Probably tonight or tomorrow) Im hoping its just the hoses or something simple.

Thanks for posting.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
When I was having radiator issues I ended up paying $150 so the mechanic could switch one hose! I wasnt doing my own work back then. So I ended up replacing all the hoses, radiator flush, new radiator, new thermostat, the water pump was already switch at the time. Now my car is running like a champ and I dont have to worry about anything breaking down relating to the cooling system. My car at the time had 175,000 miles, and I never replaced anything on the car. Not sure whats the recommended time to replace hoses, but might as well, it was cheap.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
make it simpler than you are making it..

coolant POURED out of your car.. it HAS to be coming from somewhere..

is the radiator full now? is the reservoir still full?

recreate the events that happened jack the car up and carefully start it up.. obviously you do NOT want the car to overheat continuously.. but you need to find the leak.. you can't address the leak if you can't find it..

sure the block could be cracked.. anything COULD happen.. but if the radiator was JUST changed I am going to go out on a limb here and assume something was not tight.. and when the system sat running for a while it was able to heat up enough to build pressure.. and that amplified whatever breech in the system you had....

if you do all this make sure you shut the car down as soon as you can.. you do not want the thing running while it is not being cooled properly...

EJmatt

make it simpler than you are making it..

coolant POURED out of your car.. it HAS to be coming from somewhere..

is the radiator full now? is the reservoir still full?

recreate the events that happened jack the car up and carefully start it up.. obviously you do NOT want the car to overheat continuously.. but you need to find the leak.. you can't address the leak if you can't find it..

sure the block could be cracked.. anything COULD happen.. but if the radiator was JUST changed I am going to go out on a limb here and assume something was not tight.. and when the system sat running for a while it was able to heat up enough to build pressure.. and that amplified whatever breech in the system you had....

if you do all this make sure you shut the car down as soon as you can.. you do not want the thing running while it is not being cooled properly...

I fixed it. Feel kind of stupid too. It wasnt the radiator hoses but I did replace them, It was the heater hose.
I didnt think to look there :???: . So I replace all the hoses. Problem solved.

Heres some random Pictures

Gay as f**k 17s, I want some blades or si wheels