Need help to upgrade my car audio

azi90

i want to upgrade my cars stock speaker system .. i got subwoofers which i think im happy with ( i dunno wah company are they) but i want to change 2 front door speakers.. what are some good brands and not too costly .. price range about a 100 dollars i m looking for something that can give me good bass even at higher volume .

azi90

im pretty amateur about this... how do i know if i do have subwoofers ? i mean beside the fact that i can hear aloud base from the back of my car i dont knoow anything else... base from the front door panel isnt that great ..

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:popcorn:

U need to do some research...

azi90

so i always thot i have subs but i dont .. i have stock speakers and now im thinking to put some nice subs with some nice speaker that has power of abt 75 watts... i know i need an amp for my subs but now my question is would i need an extra amp for my speakers too because they need 75watts and my steareo head only does 50 w ? or i can still use the system with jus one amp for subs

mikekh10a

Registered VIP
why not go to your local electronics store or even a car audio store and just check out what speakers sound appealing to you?

djroadking

My setup at the moment is a pioneer head unit, Alpine amp and a Alpine Type R 12in sub. I would do extensive amounts of research about speaker electronics so you can get a better understanding about speaker impedances. Also, be sure to research amplifiers and if you're buying one be sure to go by the RMS rating which is the wattage an amplifier can put out consistently. Same goes when looking at a subwoofer.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alpine, kicker, pioneer.
Alpine & Kicker have solid speakers. Pioneer is entry-level mediocre quality. MB Quarts are excellent.

My setup at the moment is a pioneer head unit, Alpine amp and a Alpine Type R 12in sub. I would do extensive amounts of research about speaker electronics so you can get a better understanding about speaker impedances. Also, be sure to research amplifiers and if you're buying one be sure to go by the RMS rating which is the wattage an amplifier can put out consistently. Same goes when looking at a subwoofer.
I agree with him. You sound very clueless about car audio. Research extensively on this forum and online so you learn & hopefully make a more educated selection of your audio equipment. Make sure to only pay attention to RMS wattage ratings in regards to anything related to car audio. Max wattage means virtually nothing of value.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I honestly suggest go to some audio shop hell even best buy talk to someone and see what they suggest. Let them know what type of sound you are looking for and what type of money you are willing to spend ( your budget). Go from there.

azi90

I honestly suggest go to some audio shop hell even best buy talk to someone and see what they suggest. Let them know what type of sound you are looking for and what type of money you are willing to spend ( your budget). Go from there.
I DID DO THAT .. but first thing guy says that u need spend atleast a grand to have a nice audio for car :S a GRAND ? ..

DTvn

Since you were happy with the bass from your nonexistent subs you should probably just get new speakers. Polks sound the best imo if you want my input but if you're only looking to spend $100 i'm pretty happy with my Sony Xplod speakers which I replaced front and rear for about $80

Go on Crutchfield and look at what size speakers you need and then go to BestBuy and play around with the different speakers until you find a set you like, buy them and install.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I think best buy is free install if buy enough moneys worth. As for guy saying a g he just wants your money. I honestly suggest go to best buy like people are saying listen to everything and see what you like. Have the sales associate put in his. 02 cents get price then decide if you really care about installing yourself or not.

azi90

Since you were happy with the bass from your nonexistent subs you should probably just get new speakers. Polks sound the best imo if you want my input but if you're only looking to spend $100 i'm pretty happy with my Sony Xplod speakers which I replaced front and rear for about $80

Go on Crutchfield and look at what size speakers you need and then go to BestBuy and play around with the different speakers until you find a set you like, buy them and install.
Yah i always thought i had subs coz my car has nice bass which is weird i dont think stock speakers can give good bass..

Adamkelly

i want to upgrade my cars stock speaker system .. i got subwoofers which i think im happy with ( i dunno wah company are they) but i want to change 2 front door speakers.. what are some good brands and not too costly .. price range about a 100 dollars i m looking for something that can give me good bass even at higher volume .
Take bose speakers for good sound quality. Expensive but more than worth

SpideyLoc1691

Sound Specializing
so i always thot i have subs but i dont .. i have stock speakers and now im thinking to put some nice subs with some nice speaker that has power of abt 75 watts... i know i need an amp for my subs but now my question is would i need an extra amp for my speakers too because they need 75watts and my steareo head only does 50 w ? or i can still use the system with jus one amp for subs
YOU DO NOT WANT TO DO THAT MAN!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^ Thats the mistake any rookie can make coming in to the audio world. first make sure that your amp is not mono, if your trying to run a whole system to an amp, cause then you will end up frying your subs, speakers or amp. Second make sure you have the correct wireing and amp. fuse to power all of that,

Keller

Do a lot of reading wiring can get confusing but it's something I know a bit about finally I have a lot of speakers subs wires look on things like Craigslist and talk to people too after you figure things out I paid $100 for my alpine 12 in type r and 10 for my jl. Some guy just gave me two 6x9s you don't have to spend bank to get a decent sound system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk