Need help wiring sidemarkers!!!

96skuter

What's up CC I have a problem I've done research and can't figure out how to wire my sidemarkers. I know how to wire them so they can stay on or blink the USDM way, but I'm looking to wire them the JDM way were they stay on all the time and blink when I turn. Some sites i visited tell u wire them to ur parking light but no pics so I'm wondering is there anyone that can help with that? I'm located in La Habra I'll pay someone just to come over and wire them for me. Thanks

96skuter

:welcome:lol NOBODY! has done this? Come on ppl help the homie out!:welcome:

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
give me a min. ill see if i can find the wiring diagram then ill post it up.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

from what ive heard i think you want option 3, red to red, black to green. i have mine wired to the turn signals only. but you want the pos. to the turn signal wire, and the ground to the turn signal wire.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
How to section is meant for others to post already completed how-to's, which is why this thread did not see much response.

Moved to gen tech. :thumbs up

96skuter

ooh my bad thanks I'll check that next time, I read ur thread on that ricey sedan loved it man! I'm subscribed lol

96skuter

I have another question do I need special light bulbs? I don't think theyll stay on I got info on wiring but I'm concerned about the light bulbs because a friend told me that it wouldn't stay on, does any body know about this!

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have another question do I need special light bulbs? I don't think theyll stay on I got info on wiring but I'm concerned about the light bulbs because a friend told me that it wouldn't stay on, does any body know about this!
if you use common bulbs there's no problem, they will blink and stay on, if you use led ones they will only made one function

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I tried it.......and.......it didn't work I smoked the blinker bulb, ;(
you should have done something wrong, because i have done it before in two cars and nothing happened, re-check your wiring, it works!!!

96skuter

I have HID's maybe that's the problem?? Because I cut the red wire in front of the little motor that the HID s come with. When I connected it (because I did one first just in case) it turned on and as soon as I turned the blinker it shut off and was doing a static noise :( I was like dam. Im wondering if I should try connecting it before the little HID motor, I'm thinking it didn't work because of were I tried connecting it at, so ima buy another bulb and try again, let me know what u think? and if u had done this type of wireing with the HID'S?, thanks bro for all ur help

gummer

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you're wrong, you must need to connect the side markers to the red and green wires going to the amber bulb on your head light, not to the wires for the low beam lighting bulb nor to the hid's wires