Need help with 2000 civic

codyorr82

I've got a 2000 civic lx automatic that I use to go back and forth to work, the other day I was hit on the passenger side where the door bolts to the body, problems I'm having is one fuel pump isn't turning on and tranny is stuck in park,are there any sensors that could cause this? Any help is appreciated

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
Interesting...do your brake lights come on when the car is on and pedal is depressed?

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Where you were hit is basically where the ECU lies. Remove the kick panel from the passenger side there, and insepct the ECU for damage, an unplugged or damaged harness, or damaged wires within that area

MotorMo

Respected
The fuel pump relay on your car is also in that area ( fuel pump not running ). Sorry to hear the tough news. Hope your civic makes it through.

codyorr82

Thanks for the info,i pulled the ecu but didn't see any outer damage to the ecu or wiring, I'll take the cover off the ecu and check the inside

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ouch. Yea, that literally hit directly where the ECU is, like @XpL0d3r explained. I guarantee you the ECU is shot which isn't turning the fuel pump on... The transmission control unit is also in the ECU's in the automatics...(hence why they have 4 plugs, compared to the 3 plugs on the 5spds), so thats why you can't get out of park...