Need help with Dashboard lights.

xpttcx

99 Honda Civic EX
5+ Year Member
When I first bought my 97 honda civic coupe the CD player fell out and I put it back in then the dashboard lights went out. But they work when I use my remote start but when I put the keys in it shuts off? Please let me know if you know what to do too fix it. Thanks.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Sounds like a wiring issue with the remote start.... They probably ran off of one of the wires for the system and most likely that wire is now damaged

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hard to say without looking at it. take the headunit out and post pics

xpttcx

99 Honda Civic EX
5+ Year Member
Dashboard.

Like it worked when the remote starter was in but then when my radio feel out I put it in then the dash lights went out. So I'm guessing I cut a wire somewhere but I can't find it.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like you knocked a connection loose somehow

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
me too lol life would be easier if people provided better descriptions

xpttcx

99 Honda Civic EX
5+ Year Member
It's the lights on the shifter, dash and where the heat and air controls are, all of them are out.

JuiceBoxHero

ASE Certified Chef
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Probably crappy wiring on behalf of the people who installed the remote start/head unit. Someone obviously messed up somewhere. Have you contacted the previous owner or looked for receipts from the work done?

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^he is a genius. maybe check the clips where the dash harness connects also. shouldnt be loose, but things happen

xpttcx

99 Honda Civic EX
5+ Year Member
If the fuse was blown would the dashboard still work when the remote starter was going? Like I said it worked with the starter and after it was installed untill my radio fell out and I pushed it back in.