Need Help With Headers...

DJmikeMendoza

5+ Year Member
I did a Gsr Swap on my 96 civic a while back, and i had to mod the manifold to the exhaust, now i want to buy headers for my car but dont know if i should go with 4-2-1 or just regular headers' my car is low so iam asking which one would work better for me?? Iam sure someone in this form has done this swap.

Aslo my mount that holds the transmission is *uck up' it was fine when i had the d-16 but as soon as i did the swap it started to give me problems. Again someone that has this swap , did you buy pro mounts or use factory ones? Any help would be appreciated thanks....

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I would go with the 4-2-1 header go with a dc sports or the like they fit really well. Unless your goal is to go JDM then you might want to think about a JDM TYPE R header.

On the other question about mounts I helped a friend put a B18c1 into a 96 hatch and he used the hasport replacement mounts. I would reccomend getting either a NEW replacement or go with the hasports.

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have never used avid mounts before nor have I performed work on a car utilizing them so I am not sure but I used hasport mounts on my swapped crx and I launch it hard sometimes and they won't give. I will pay for quality. Some like new factory mounts there good and all but not designed for high performance ex: Motorswap, Turbo/Supercharged, high torque launch. Plus you have the option of choosing either street/strip bushings or full race bushings. Because my crx is NOT a daily driver I used the full race. Trust me I would hate to drive a long distance stop and go with full race bushings not fun at all. Hope this helps

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its personal prefrance. 4-2-1 will give you a nice even flow of power though your power ban, but 4-1 will give the best flow at high rpms. If you want to run Auto-X type racing, Id recomend 4-2-1, but if you want to have the best power during, and plan on utilizing Vtec, Id go with the 4-1 headers.

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Trbolvrcrx said:
I would go with the 4-2-1 header go with a dc sports or the like they fit really well. Unless your goal is to go JDM then you might want to think about a JDM TYPE R header.

On the other question about mounts I helped a friend put a B18c1 into a 96 hatch and he used the hasport replacement mounts. I would reccomend getting either a NEW replacement or go with the hasports.

JDM headers are still heavy as hell, its worth going to the DC headers.

Trbolvrcrx

Dude wheres my honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DAF said:

Yes I know but I wasnt sure if he wanted a JDM look or could settle for an aftermarket. Some people would not settle for anything less than JDM.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the JDM headers and DC non-race headers are both 4-2-1. 4-1 race headers generally hang lower than OEM or aftermarket 4-2-1's. Also, its best to upgrade to an aftermarket motor mount after doing a swap

DAF

Zinc Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Trbolvrcrx said:
Yes I know but I wasnt sure if he wanted a JDM look or could settle for an aftermarket. Some people would not settle for anything less than JDM.
There are some JDM things I get, and some JDM things I dont... If I wanted to drive backwards in to McDonalds, id just ride in the passanger side of someones car, lol.

EG-Owns you

Twin Tech Owns Your s**t!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
anything avid blows everything i have bought from them has just been a nightmear. get smsp headers if you have the money or a nice vibrant 2.5 collector header thats what im runing.

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DAF said:
My JDM ITR header is not much heavier than a DC. :roll: Won't even make a difference.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
DJmikeMendoza said:
The avid mounts are not as good as as hasport? thanks for the info'

oh s**t that's what i got right now in my eg:shock:

DJmikeMendoza

5+ Year Member
You have the avid mounts on your eg? With a b series engine? for how long? how do they hold?

As for the headers, i just want something simple, At the most dc sports, Anything not too expensive. And i notice they sell 4-1 and 4-2-1 headers Also on ebay i seen they sell spoon headers but i dont belive they are actully spoon'

If any here has a eg or ek with the gsr motor install hit me up' thanks for ya help,

mr_ducksauce

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bought one of their shift linkage...bad experience now my shifter sits towards 5th gear when its in neutral....dont recommend them...had hasports before, was perfecttttt have hasport mounts right now, perfect fitment just vibrates more than stock which is expected though