Need Help With Honda engine swap + mods

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
I am Currently deciding whether i should swap my honda hb dx's 1.5l engine with any v-tech b18a1 - B20 or a JDM 2jzGte supra engine. I want to get into the "Street Scene" , I have heard of HatchBacks that have 500Hp, and i want to know which one of these engines are the best to get to that level witout causing any problems to my car such as blowwing out the motor. I would also like to convert it to a manual? any and all help is appreciated! :D

mikekh10a

Registered VIP
If you have to ask this, i doubt you have the ability to swap in a 2jz. If you really want power, go with a k series swap

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You are asking on advice to convert automatic to manual, yet you are saying that you want to drop a RWD supra motor in a FWD car? Do you even realize how much work that is going to take? Converting to manual is the least of your problems.

Also, getting to 500hp isn't going to be cheap nor is it going to be easy.

You have a lot of learning ahead of you...

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
well im fairly new to all this actually, i helped my friend do his 2jz swap and became interested in the idea since i have been having problems with my stock engine. i have friends that are realy into this and are willing to help but they also told me these same things but said it wasnt impossible. the suggested the vtech b20a1

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
One its vtec. Vtech is phone company. Two you swapped in a 2jz into probably a nissan or Toyota that was already rwd. Obviously if you are just listening to your friends then you need to do more research of your own. If your new to fast cars you do not need a 500hp car. You will probably just blow it up. Look up a realistic hp number then figure in the money you want to spend.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
well, yeah i guess i am just listening to them but i do know some stuff. i know its fwd, and that it has 92hp and realistically i can reach 100hp to 165 with the right mods and or engine; as far as i have read. I have replaced the headers to my car, along with the gaskets and the catalyst and exaust. but it is already at 3,038,568 miles :( its turning off on me all the time and i have been invited to race my car by friends but obviously i can't compete. so i need some help. lethal6 is right, i have a lot to learn and i am willing if there is someone out there willing to teach or help.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
Oh, I looked up some prices, it ranges from 1000 to 3000.what would be a good deal and would that be a good choice for my honda hb dx? (in other words, why the k series?) thanks for replying =)

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
K series simple bolt ons you will be at around 200. The k series is your more expensive swap. Its not jist a matter of pull old engine drop in new one. You might want to go instead with a b20vtec swap or ls vtec. You have much learning ahead of you.