need help with mini-me swap

96ejsedan

hey everyone i was planning on doing a mini-me swap, ok i have a d15b non vtec engine and was jus planning on putting a d16z6 head on it, and i see that with every head youll need a little bit of different parts, i was just wondering which exact parts ill need for this head to work with that block,

of course i know im gonna need
the head
new head gasket (d16z6)
im obd2 so i was gonna go with the 2000 civic ex ecu which is the P08 if im correct
new timing belt which i think i have to use the d16z6 belt.
im unsure if i can use the d16z6 cam though

if anyone could throw in some more info it would really help thx

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If I remember correctly the y7 gasket is thinner than a y8 or z6 for higher compression. Also I suggest also going with a mpfi intake too.

96ejsedan

that link doesnt give me info cause hes using a d16y7 block im using a jdm d15b block

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Then just get everything you need for a z6 instead of a y8.. installation and parts work the same, you just need a P28 for an ECU

96ejsedan

so since im getting a z6 i should get a z6 timing belt? what about head gasket, should i go with the y8 cause ive been told it gives more compression. my bad i meant to put a p2p for the ecu since im obd2 cause i dont feel like converting to obd1

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
that link doesnt give me info cause hes using a d16y7 block im using a jdm d15b block
oooooo jdm d15b...that should be a nice build. But D to D should be the same. It's the same block as any D15 just bigger pistons.

96ejsedan

yea jdm d15b non vtec. so since im going d16z6 use the timing belt for that head, what about head gasket should i use a d16z6. and also since im putting a obd1 in a obd2 car which distributor do i get and should i just stay with my stock injectors.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You will need bigger injectors I believe. I know when I did my mini-me I had to get new injectors because the y7 ones were too small. You can use a z6 or y8 head gasket, doesn't matter... but I believe y8 will give slight higher compression.

You will also need OBD1 dizzy