need help with my b18a1

Grimm_DTA

5+ Year Member
Hello I'm new to the site and new to Honda's. i got a 93 civic with a jdm integra type r front end conversion and wide body rear and a b18a1 from a friend that owed me some money and i have been driving it around for about a month and at idle to about 2200 rpm it revs up and down and if i dont ride the clutch till over 2200 takin off it will buck bad. and then a few days ago it got stuck in 4th gear. the guy that i got it from didn't know nothing about the car he bought it like that but he said that he thinks its got a b16 trany and b16 vtec ecu could the ecu b y its reving up and down? and could the shift linkage b y its stuck in 4th gear?

thermalstorm

5+ Year Member
b series works with b series, the ecu is a totally different story, find out what ecu is in the car, bottom right corner in the front, pry back the plastic and get a 10mm, usually starts with a "p" ex,p2t,p30,p28 etc, post back when you get this.

Grimm_DTA

5+ Year Member
b series works with b series, the ecu is a totally different story, find out what ecu is in the car, bottom right corner in the front, pry back the plastic and get a 10mm, usually starts with a "p" ex,p2t,p30,p28 etc, post back when you get this.
Ok i have the ecu it was just hanging behind the glove box not even bolted in or nothing. the harness was all hacked and taped in to. but am i looking for this code on the ecu or in it?

Grimm_DTA

5+ Year Member
on the back of the ecu in black marker its got p30 skunk2