Need help with remote start

mepure155

5+ Year Member
hi im installing a remote start for my car and i have been able to do everything except i've had a problem finding the brake input wire i have searched everywhere and not been able to find out any imformation i also have been using the wire diagram from www.the12volt.com and it says nothing about it

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
im an installer at best buy. i have access to a program which gives me all the wires and what they mean. what year is your car?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
locate the switch attached to the pedal assembly. its a green wire with a white stripe

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there are probably wires around your brake pedal. test them to see what one gives power when you engage your brake pedal

o0kuam0o

Master of Ceremonies
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kind of off topic, but what kind of remote start are you using? for a manual or auto tranny?

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
edit to my original post: It may have power then will not have power when you engage the brake pedal

mepure155

5+ Year Member
its called bulldog and i spent like 4 hours today trying to find it and no luck and yes i have been pushing the brake peddle down

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its called bulldog and i spent like 4 hours today trying to find it and no luck and yes i have been pushing the brake peddle down
hmm thats odd. I would imagine that there would be a plug around the brake pedal somewhere. What do you use to test the wires?

mepure155

5+ Year Member
it came with this probe the probe has worked on everything else can like anyone take a picture of it on theres and send it to me mines a 93 ex coupe

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would post a pic of mine but i think mine was wired wrong from the previous owner. it worked great for like 3 months right up until winter came when i actually needed it.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hooked to the brake pedal. find the wires coming from the brake pedal like I've said in a previous post