Need help with Timing Belt

Movay

Im having problems changing my timing belt.
I have a 1993 Honda Del Sol with no PS.
The Timing belt snapped on me while I was driving.
I was reading some threads about the timing belt. Some people say you have to take off the alternator belt and a/c compressor belt. Is that true?
And since my belt is already off... Do I need to take off the crankshaft bolt? Or should I just place the belt on?

Really need some help.. Going out tomorrow morning to look at this problem for the second day in a row.

d16racer88

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You need to remove any serpentine belts that are still on the car. Once those belts are off you need to remove the harmonic balancer. Once thats done remove the valve cover and remove the timing belt covers (top and bottom). Place a small jack with a piece of wood on top of the jack under the oil pan and raise the engine slightly. Once you do this you need to remove the drivers side engine mount or bracket. Now break loose the bolt on the belt tensioner and remove the timing belt. Since your already this far in the project you should also replace the water pump. Once you have the new water pump on you need to time the motor. line up the cam so UP is pointed up with the 2 dots on the cam lined up with the head. Now place the lower cover on and place the harmonic balancer back onto the crank. Doing this allows you to line up the bottom end to get it to TDC (top dead center) once you have the crank at TDC take the harmonic balancer back off along with the cover and put timing belt on. tighten tensioner and put lower cover and balancer back on. rotate engine a few times to make sure the motor is in time. Once you have done this reassemble everything.
This is just a summary of what you need to do but it gives you a rough idea

Movay

Thanks bro..
Really appreciate it.
I was clueless for a second.
Im about to go get this done finally.
Hopefully I can get my car running again. So I can start working on that Stance.

emerican

Registered VIP
It broke while you where driving?
what kind of shape is the head and all in now?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yep. Hope your valves are still good...

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Well he wont know until he gets the belt back on, put it in time and fires it up. Cross your fingers dude.