Need help- with xbox 360

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok so my little brother is a d**k and complains every time I play our xbox that we each paid 50% of, so I plan on buying my own just to end the argument if he pays me $100. My question is, I have a xbox live account that I don't want to loose. So is there anyway of transferring that account to a new xbox?

BluCiv08

5+ Year Member
you can recover your gamertag on the new xbox, all of your achievements will follow you but you lose all of your game save progress.

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
anyway of transferring it like with a memory card or anything? Like could I save my games from the old one onto the memory card then copy them over to the new xbox?

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you probably could do that... like a flash drive... or perhaps an external HDD

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OK wasnt sure...may have owned the xbox since the year they came out, but I dont gota clue bout most of what you can do lol

BluCiv08

5+ Year Member
you can get a Data Migration kit from xbox you have to call xbox support to get it, and transfer everything over. The problem with memory cards is they only hold like 512 MB i think so it will take a while, depending on how many games you've saved onto your HD, it may be easier to buy a small external HD with a USB connection and plug it into the USB port on the back of the xbox and copy everything over that way, but im not sure if it would work.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
"data migration kits" or as Microsoft calls them, transfer cables, only work for going from a smaller hard drive to a bigger.

A flash drive won't work, and neither will an external hard drive.

You'll need a memory card. Just get one used from gamestop.

But if you want to recover a gamer tag that you and him both use, thats not going to work. A gamer tag can only be active on one xbox.

Last edited:

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just take the hard drive from old xbox and out it on yours. give him the new one... delete his crap, you win.