need help

ky93SOHC

5+ Year Member
ok, so after a long few months im finnally ready to start my car. its a 93 ex with the d16z6 i replaced the engine because the old one was blown. while i was at it i also swaped it over to a manual from an auto. So, today i went to start it and it just cranks and dosent fire up. where should i start to try to get it runnin. any help is better than no help. thanks

German to Japan

5+ Year Member
I would start by going through and checking to make sure all your sensors are connected. At least it sounds like you got the neutral safety switch figured out it seems everyone I talk to forgets it.

mb90nash

Loading . . .
5+ Year Member
do you hear the fuel pump kick on when you turn the key on? just turn to the on position with no radio or anything on and you should hear a vvvvvvttt. sound if so then the pump is kicking on. check your fuel pressure at the motor.

check your spark at the plug and the cap and pull your plugs and look at them if fuel checks out ok.

Sm0ked0uTCiViC

Suck Ass Evil Pooper!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey bro, Make sure all the grounds are hooked up under the hood. On my integra there is a ground that goes to the thermostat housing and if that's not hooked up the fuel pump will not pump any fuel! I know this because i forgot to hook it up one day after changing the thermostat and couldn't figure out for the life of me why my car wouldnt start! An hour and lots of diagnosing and searching later i realized i forgot to hook the ground wire back up! Im pretty sure your car has the same wire! Hope this helps a little?

ky93SOHC

5+ Year Member
i was having trouble with the banjo fitting on the fuel filter and fuel was spraying out but i have that fixed now so i know the fuel pump is working.

Sm0ked0uTCiViC

Suck Ass Evil Pooper!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok so you have gas now. Next things to check would be ignition and to make sure the injectors are operating...

ky93SOHC

5+ Year Member
haven't had the time or mony to mess with this for a while but im back again and im still having the same problem. this is a stupid question and ill probaly get some s**t for it but how do i check for spark? please help im dying to hear this thing run.