Need ideas dor the dah

SSJimmy

5+ Year Member
I relocated my Radio and know i dont really have anything in the stock loacton do the make a pocket that is the size of a radio to put in there or am i stuck with block off plates . Any other ideas also im up for aything just need something there. here is a picture oh how it is i moved the pocket from below but it doesnt fit to well in there.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I didnt know LX's had tachs.

Your radio looks sweet there and I like how it doesnt attract as much attention.

Make some trim and fill in the gap? It looks fine to me. Id leave it there or you can get a blank piece of plastic and cut it out to cover up the cubby hole.
Can this be done to a 99-00 Civic?

andrew256

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just leave a big, ugly hole. That way any would-be thieves will think someone beat them to it. Lol.

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol ya i left it big hole its ugle as hell the way you have it is nice, but if you can get a block late go for it, as for the tachs the only one that didnt have a tach is the dx all other came with.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Can this be done to a 99-00 Civic?
Are you referring to relocating the CD player to the lower din by the cupholders? If so then your answer is no, unless you get the 96-98 cupholders.

HustleAndGrow89

5+ Year Member
f**k man i had the same question. i wanna put the radio where the cup hholders are.... so i gotta get 96 - 98 cup holders?

SSJimmy

5+ Year Member
yeah you have to have the 96-98 cup holder and its pretty easy to put it down there.

Does anybody know if a DIN pocket will fill the entire opening I see Crutchfield has a universal pocket but not sure if it will fill the entire hole.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah you have to have the 96-98 cup holder and its pretty easy to put it down there.

Does anybody know if a DIN pocket will fill the entire opening I see Crutchfield has a universal pocket but not sure if it will fill the entire hole.
It should fit the entire opening, but I would think you will still need your dash kit.

SSJimmy

5+ Year Member
It should fit the entire opening, but I would think you will still need your dash kit.
yeah I know the Dash Kit has to stay the universal pocket just looks alot like the pocket is there now i wish i could get the dimensions of it. I also saw a cup holder with a little drawer on here but not sure where to get it from its like a block off plate and the cup holder comes out of it.

silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I left the stock radio in there so would-be thieves wouldn't think I have anything special.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i would love to put my headunit down there (99DX). are teh 96-98 cupholders deeper/that much different? i spill drinkin in my cupholders all the time :x

Solid_Snake

Te mato con mi VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i would love to put my headunit down there (99DX). are teh 96-98 cupholders deeper/that much different? i spill drinkin in my cupholders all the time :x
No they are basically the same thing, just with the lid.
The 2 things i hate about 6th gens are: the cupholders.. they are either too big or too small, they are NEVER the right size, and the lack of ABS on 5 speed coupes

Sorry for threadjack