Need info on putting EK center console into EG

eg8hardcore

5+ Year Member
I want to put the 6th gen center console into my 5th gen sedan. Has anybody done this, or know what kind of customization is involved?
Here's a picture of what I want to do.

Does anybody have a link to a write up on this perhaps?

Anything with pictures would be great too.

EDIT: Well after much much searching, I finally came across an excellent DIY that I am going to go ahead and post a link for here in case future users would like to try this out. I did not do this DIY so I take no credit for it, I only found this and know that tons of others have asked for the same thing on other forums so I thought I'd post it here.

http://www.diymyhonda.com/civic/ek-center-console-in-eg/

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have no idea, but it looks pretty cool..

eg8hardcore

5+ Year Member
I see the guy who did it but thats not answering his question. Anyone who does answer this, that would be great because that looks really nice.
yeah actually I am austinkli. The guy that was asking about it couldn't do it properly. That's why I am over here asking.

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Cant you just take yours out and put that one in....
Looks plausable to me...

eg8hardcore

5+ Year Member
Cant you just take yours out and put that one in....
Looks plausable to me...
No, there is customization that needs done first. i know that you need the new EK brackets when you do it, and there is some cutting involved. I want to know everything I need first.

pls

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
all that trouble, just get the OEM JDM CENTER CONSOLE.....it looks even better...

eg8hardcore

5+ Year Member
all that trouble, just get the OEM JDM CENTER CONSOLE.....it looks even better...
I could buy that for $90, and then buy the JDM cup holders for another $30, or I could save myself about $100 by getting one from an EK out of the junkyard locally, and then I could have the cupholders on the bottom like I like and not where they go in the eg dash, and really not be like everyone else who just had to have that zomgmadtyteJDM center console.

I prefer the EK console, I think it looks more stylish and I rather like it above the 5th gen JDM dash. Really it's all just personal preference.

5th Gen JDM center console

6th gen center console in an EG

Jaydles

Too Honest
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^For he is a jolly good fellow for he is a jolly good fellow for he is a jollllllllly good fellllllllllllllllllllllow!!!!

THAT NO ONE CAN DENY!
Good find pls. Actually I like this idea quite a bit!
Anyone know where to get a 6th gen center console, preferably brand new?

Glad this topic was sorted out. I might do this now. First i need to sell my Taurus cup holder!

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
pls FTMFW lol. great find. and dude, i know you just wanted to be prepared, but what i was trying to say is sometimes theres things you just gotta do yourself to be prepared ie. measuring, etc. anyways s**t got sorted out so gl with it, post pics when its done :thumbs up

addiel1000

5+ Year Member
i say just f**k it.. lol try your best on getting it in and making it look good.. i think the whole EK center console idea is cool! =] good luck man.. post up pictures when is finished