Need input on my decision for my civic please

EJ8_D16Y8_

Okay so I was involved in a front end collision due to a lady on my left lane pulling onto my lane to take a last minute right turn at a intersection making a complete stop even though it was green causing me to attempt braking to avoid the collision but failed. Also at that time it was the beginning of a heavy rain storm.... Oil on roads...

I can't decided whether if I can possibly get a front nose cut to replace the damage, fix it myself etc or just sell as is.

143190640800963595251.jpg 1431906480073-30366548.jpg 1431906563540737309671.jpg 14319065974281476387931.jpg image.jpg

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I mean it can be fixed . just depends on do you have the money. Gonna need a rad support, fenders, bumper, hood, headlights , grill . radiator, condenser, and thats just a quick look at the pic on my phone. Like i said more than likely it can be fixed , but do you have the $$

EJ8_D16Y8_

I mean it can be fixed . just depends on do you have the money. Gonna need a rad support, fenders, bumper, hood, headlights , grill . radiator, condenser, and thats just a quick look at the pic on my phone. Like i said more than likely it can be fixed , but do you have the $$
Yeah I have the money just thing is it worth fixing it, and how much you think by the pictures would be average cost?

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You really need to tear it down and see what else is damaged. Then go from there. Prolly alot.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It can definitely be fixed, but financially might be more of a benefit to part it out and buy another civic (if a civic is what you ultimately want). These are a dime a dozen.

Went through the same dilemma a couple years ago. Wasn't worth it to me to fix it. The car will have a salvage title and will never be the same.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You really need to tear it down and see what else is damaged. Then go from there. Prolly alot.
That's the first thing you should do...
Tear it down to see what else is damaged and find out what parts you'll actually need, then you can start figuring cost more accurately.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Out of curiosity.... insurance?

bairdandrew77

Honestly depending on the insurance, I would just claim it as a total loss, take the money and the crashed civic (if they let you) and buy another car. Then use this one as a parts car, sell, scrap, whatever you want.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the joys of liability, its cheap for a reason.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the joys of liability, its cheap for a reason.
Was literally in this same position just over a year ago. Hit a deer and totaled out my civic. Only had liability so I was f**ked.

The issue is, I had the car for two years. Was already paying 85 a month for liability. Full coverage would have been 180 a month. So 24 months x 180 = 4,320. Literally two times what I paid for the car itself.

No tickets, no accidents. 100% squeaky clean driving record AND a defensive driving class to lower the cost of insurance. This is how much it costs for a 21 year old male to insure a car that blue booked for 2k? Christ.

I sold mine because the damage was too extensive. I had similar damage to what you have pictured here.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Even if you had full coverage, they would total it out and hand you 1200 bucks.

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The chassis is never the same after an accident. Doesn't matter how much you put into it or if insurance pays. Even the slightest difference can throw the entire car off. Say if you go to install aftermarket seats, railing is off kilter and it doesn't line up. That's a hidden gem. You get new oem lights and the support brace doesn't line up with the hood. You get a seibon carbonfiber hood and the bolting pattern is off. Front fender rubbing up against the drivers or passenger doors.

I would personally part it out.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Was literally in this same position just over a year ago. Hit a deer and totaled out my civic. Only had liability so I was f**ked.

The issue is, I had the car for two years. Was already paying 85 a month for liability. Full coverage would have been 180 a month. So 24 months x 180 = 4,320. Literally two times what I paid for the car itself.

No tickets, no accidents. 100% squeaky clean driving record AND a defensive driving class to lower the cost of insurance. This is how much it costs for a 21 year old male to insure a car that blue booked for 2k? Christ.
You might want to look into different insurance companies then. I actually saved OVER 50% by switching from Allstate to Geico. Same coverage plus glass.

OP, I'm with everyone else here - I would recommend parting it out or sell as it. Unless you plan on running it into the ground with no intentins of selling it afterwards, I think this would be your best bet.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If youre not into the work it takes to part it out then try selling it as is. You'll likely find soneone who can use the parts or will part it out themselves.