Need opinions on which swap to go with!

DJS_94_HATCH

Ok, so I just bought a really clean 1994 Honda Civic Hatchback. Currently, it has a B18B1 swap and runs awesome, but I'm looking to throw another swap into it really soon. I have 2 options that I'd like to choose from. The only goal that I really have is to stay NA, rather than to boost it, and obviously to make as much HP as I can.

One of my options is a JDM B18C. My buddy has one that he told me he'd sell me for cheap, beings that it would need rebuilt. This isn't the ITR swap though, it's the SiR-G/GSR swap. If I went with this option, I would break the complete motor down, head and all, and rebuild the whole thing. I need suggestions on which internals to go with though, if I would go with this option.

My other option is an H2B swap. I can pick up a JDM H22A for pretty cheap. The only 2 problems are that 1 - I'd want the B series LSD tranny, which isn't so cheap, and 2 - it costs roughly $750.00 for the mounting kit. I'm assuming that this option would be more beneficial in terms of power.

Hopefully some of you can give me some advice.

Thanks in advance!

- DJ

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
out of your options, I'd go with the bigger h2b swap. it's a more expensive swap than it appears to be but it makes a pretty strong motor since you want to stay NA. a GSR would need to be built extensively to put out what the h2b would.

James315

The b18b is great engine i have seen some pretty impressive numbers with it, but the b18c is good a choice and so is the h22. My best advice is do what ever you want and is in your budget not to be a d**k but its your car do you dont let other people build it for you so to speak.