Need opinions!

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
My 5th gear is popping out when I drive on the highway OR the street. So I figure the Syncro is going to s**t. My question is this, what;s worth replacing in the trans as far as parts go so its a clean fresh build for the trans? The list of parts is quite long, just need opinions as this will be my first time tearing apart a Honda EM1 transmission.

SeeOurWrecks

5+ Year Member
Have you checked the fluid level?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
Yes I HAve checked the fluid as I did a fluid change out, then test drove it. The original fluid was not low and there was the proper amount.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes I HAve checked the fluid as I did a fluid change out, then test drove it. The original fluid was not low and there was the proper amount.
what kind of fluid did you use?

i recommend GM syncromesh trans fluid... it works EXTREMELY well.

Just a honda!!

Registered VIP
Snychromesh really helps,why is ur 5th gear out ? Thats odd usually in hondas its 2nd 3rd 4th

Sent from tapataalllkk

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
Well it stopped apparently with the bad shift pop out. Took it out a third time for a 15 min drive on the highway doing a 100! ( On a closed course =) =) ) It didn't pop out or have any issues, I guess a couple drives on the new fluid stopped it apparently.

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
Now onto the oil pan gasket change as I see crap building up around the pan and its def not dirt!