Need some advice for modded DD

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Long story short. Clutch is starting to slip = new clutch.

Car is a bolt-on modded b16a2.

I'm torn between: Clutch Masters FX100 Clutch Kit and Competition Clutch Stage 2 - Street Series 2100 Clutch Kit.

I would like opinions and personal experiences from these if you happen to have the knowledge.

Also I have read the stickies in this section regarding clutch break-in and flywheel resurfacing. However I would like to know from some of you through experience. should I replace it? should I resurface it? leave it alone? would the cost of resurfacing be comparable to a new flywheel?

If I were to replace it, it would be Competition Clutch Lightweight Steel Flywheel - ST.

Lighter weight flywheels (<11lbs) and puck configuration clutches are out of the question, I drive the car WAY too much in traffic for snappy responses.

Going to be making a decision early this week to complete this job by the weekend. Thank you in advance.

civhatch92

That's my honda.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I've got a competition clutch stage 4 on my turbo civic... it's a sprung clutch and has an OEM feel. Competition Clutch is good stuff.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was hoping for advice from builders.. and your thread = awesome, I trust your judgment. Thanks for the input.

Edit: any advice for the flywheel? resurface? new one? leave it alone?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You could go with a fidanza 7lb flywheel. Thats what I have and it's pretty amazing.

Glad to see my other post was deleted.

maximusmda

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have had many different clutch setups and flywheels... i would say if you want to do a good daily setup.. get a ACT 12lb flywheel and an exedy stage 1 clutch kit, or matching ACT stage 1 clutch kit... i would never use anything other than ACT or Exedy...