Need some advice for the system.

D16cruizer

5+ Year Member
Hi I currently want to run a system in my car, and I was wondering what kind of speakers you guys recommend for the front and back. Are the alpine type-r any good? Thanks alot guys

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Alpine makes some really great speakers. I would also recommend infinity.

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
we need a sticky on this or a tech note

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well lets see if I can give advice seeing that I am bored.

I say you get some magazines and look through them. Read the reveiws.

Shops are mainly on commision so they will sell you a s**t sandwich and make you beleive it is the best stuff in the world.

If it's shiny, chances are it is s**t.

Don't get more than a 1000 watts unless you are looking to get a new alternator.

For a mainstream company you can't go wrong with, alpine ftw

if you want to spend money there are a lot of great companies out there, and there are a lot of s**t companies.

A list of good companies in my opinion

JL
Infinity
Alpine
Diamond
Focal
MB Quart
ImageDynamics
Boston
Crystal Mobile Sound
Zapco
Arc Audio
Clarion makes good decks

gleaminrimz

5+ Year Member
wat u mean new alternator??,,,,if i was to put in 1500w wat else wud i need to go along with it?

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm rockin type r's (6x9's) in the back and type s's in the front. (i know it's a little backwards), but i love it. now ima save up for a type E or a Type R 12" sub.

Type r's have better highs than type s's. They'll be a lot nicer with a sub, cuz then u'll have more of a range assigned to different components, rather than type s's and no sub, which is nice if u just want a really basic speaker upgrade.

I'd also recommend saving up for alpine components. they rock real hard from wut i hear.

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Kicker L7's or jl w7

for true advice there are sooo many better subs than w7 or L7. Both are extremely overrated subs and over priced.

If you want a true power house monster check these links

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/default.asp

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/index.php

http://www.treoonline.com/index.html

http://www.reaudio.com/html/

the xxx subs from resonant engineering are monsters, I seriosly have no idea why people would waste money on something like a L7 with great subs like these availabe.

And for another great line of subs check out image dynamics

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I run MB Quart components up front and Orion 6X9's in the rear. 10" Kicker sub rounds it all out. Sounds great. Plenty of thump and great highs/ mids.

NSZteg

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've used MB Quart exclusivley for many years now and been happy with them, but I'm gonna go with a set of Focal speakers for the front of my Civic. I've heard good things about Focal for so long I wanna try them out.
Can you guys give some websites that sell Focal, besides Ebay and woofersect?

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you arent going to find many sites that sell focal online. They are a little ti high end and respected company to peddle their s**t to places like woofers ect.

f**k that hole. I remember when they were claiming they were a Zapco authorized dealer on their website till Zapco posted up on theirs that they werent, and they are pretty much transshipping crooks

NSZteg

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah sites that sell Focal are hard to find, I've been Googling my butt off looking for some. I've only found Focal on Ebay, woofersect and sonicelectronix.com. I was just hoping to find more to find the best prices. I'll go see how much they cost at Tweeter, if they aern't all that much more I'll just buy them there, I'll pay a bit extra for peace of mind.