Need some advice

PaulieW

Hey all I need a little help, my car broke down on me this morning. She was running fine then suddenly just quit. It was if the battery was dead, it wasn't turning over at all. I jiggled the battery cables and tightened them and the car fired right up and ran just fine. But 20 minutes later it quit again and this time no amount of cable jiggling will fix the problem. As I said, it is doing nothing, it won't turn over or even make a sound, no lights come on at all. Took the battery to Advance and let them check it and they said it was fine so it's not the battery. Does it sound like the starter to you guys?

Thanks in advance for any help.

My car: 95 Honda Civic DX 5-speed
284,000 miles

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have your alternator checked...

RonJ

Banned
Thread titles must summarize the technical question or problem, and the first post must include the year, trim, and any mods for your Civic.
This^ message appears whenever you create a thread. Please create a thread title that summarizes the problem. "Need some advice" does not.

Do the headlights work? Have you cleaned and tightened the battery ground wire where it attaches to the chassis?

lolo

5+ Year Member
check the wires going to the starter same thing happend to me theres a single little black wire that has a boot on it and is your batt light on