need some help with this plz

jj07walters

I have a 95 civic with the d16z6 and I'm thinking this could be a injector problem but any way I get in my car and start driving then after a minute it starts losing power and chuggin when I accelerate.....so I will turn the key back and start it resting the computer and I let out on the clutch drive a little farther up the road and then it starts doing it again idk what else to do I have done a tune up ran it completely out of gas thinking it could have been bad gas and cleaned the intake throttle body and injectors plz help

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
timing can be off or check the fuel pump.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Is your car throwing a CEL? If so, have you had the codes read?

Toby Z

More likely sounds like a fuel filter. If you ran it out of gas alot of those dirty particals might be in the filter.

Wax Hands

Smell my finger
Registered VIP
Does it only happen when the tank is low? If so its more than likely the pump. Believe it or not the gas also acts as a coolant for the fuel pump. So when it gets low the pump gets hot and tends to fail (older pumps). If the pump is weak in general you can test this by attaching a pressure gauge to your fuel line, your fuel pressure should read about 35-40 psi.

Another thing is you could have a bad coil. Just like the pump the coil generates a lot of heat. Once that heat builds up the coil operation begins to degrade. Older coils will start to fail when they start getting very hot causing the car to stall or run rough.

RonJ

Banned
More likely sounds like a fuel filter.
This^ seems worth consideration.

Also, does the CEL work?

When you said you did a tune up, exactly what did you do?

Finally, your thread title gives no hint whatsoever as to the tech problem you are having. Take the time to create more informative titles for tech threads. For example, a title like "95 Civic EX loses power on acceleration" tells members what the problem is.

jj07walters

I figured it out it was fuel filter thanks for every ones help I tried everything you said and I'm just going to do the pump and filter Ty a lot