Need some help

NightBladeLrin

5+ Year Member
I own a 93 Civic DX with about 200k miles on it. The problem im having right now is that when I was driving on the highway the CEL turned on and the car started to have problems accelerating when I stoped it started to idle like crap so I took it back home when I got back it started shooting out white smoke with a bit of blue. So i shut it off and now it does not want to start on me right now.
Any input about this would be good

jo-jo VTEC King

5+ Year Member
Deffinately a blown head gasket mate, check the oil aswell mite b low on oil,common problem with such high milage. blue smoke=head gasket and burning oil. anyone else???

usdm.ehtu

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
How was your coolant level? You might also need a new water pump. Does sound like your headgasket is blown tho. Im asking about the coolant level cause if you go and check and its bone dry it might have contributed to it blowin. Thats what happened to me on my other hatch.

NightBladeLrin

5+ Year Member
Okay the Car starts now but now its running Real Rich and bounces when idling. Could it be a bad MAP sensor thats causing this??? Oh and the coolent level looked fine it just has that typical small leak where the hose connects to the radiator from those crappy holder things.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what the peeps said man blown gasket

95civicvx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
White smoke is usually burning anti-freeze. Blue smoke is usually burning oil, black is running rich. Check your codes by connecting a paper clip/wire to the blue 2 prong connecter that is located right above where the passenger's right leg sits, under the dash. Your CEL should blink some codes at you. Do some research or post up your findings here so we can help.