Need some info. Car is F***ed.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
eek! I'd stretch your a*****e a little bit so Honda doesn't hurt you as much.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Thanks!
I think I'm just going to take it to Honda and let them do what they want. Get some warranty atleast.

That's a great idea if the warranty covers it, but if the warranty wont cover it, expect the dealership to charge about double what a competitive private shop will do.

cghkvkjhb

5+ Year Member
hahaha. No time man. I work 150 km's from where I live. This week I go Victoria BC to Fresno California and I'm really not wanting to bus down. Sore back and lack of sleep definitely don't go well with my work.

Hey, just remembered I did put some Sea Foam in it the day of the blow up. Used it exactly as it specified. Think it may be the culprit?

cghkvkjhb

5+ Year Member
That's a great idea if the warranty covers it, but if the warranty wont cover it, expect the dealership to charge about double what a competitive private shop will do.
No warranty on the car right now. I want the warranty with the new motor they'll put in.

DieMaster

5+ Year Member
yea the seafoam could have defently done it.:word: i was going to do it but i wanted to see the results first. not good as it eats seals.

how many miles were on your odometer. i also have a 1.7 2002 and drive it pritty hard. i dont wana end up like you :P

SlowTEC

Initiate brain dump in...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
As far as swapping options go, having Honda do it is definitely one option. Expect to pay more than most other shops, and the warranty they offer may not even be better than the smaller shops. You could quickly look up engine/transmission swap shops in your area and give them a call to price it. They can do everything for you from sourcing the motor to swapping them. You're really just going to have to call around. I'm not saying Honda is the worst option, but you should expect to pay more. Good luck with whatever you do!

cghkvkjhb

5+ Year Member
yea the seafoam could have defently done it.:word: i was going to do it but i wanted to see the results first. not good as it eats seals.

how many miles were on your odometer. i also have a 1.7 2002 and drive it pritty hard. i dont wana end up like you :P
That's what I figured. I only had 130k km's on it so... only 80,000 miles. I drove it pretty hard every now and then but nothing to major.

As far as swapping options go, having Honda do it is definitely one option. Expect to pay more than most other shops, and the warranty they offer may not even be better than the smaller shops. You could quickly look up engine/transmission swap shops in your area and give them a call to price it. They can do everything for you from sourcing the motor to swapping them. You're really just going to have to call around. I'm not saying Honda is the worst option, but you should expect to pay more. Good luck with whatever you do!
Good call. Got a shop pricing everything out right now :D

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Was there enough oil inside the motor? Did you flush out the oil after pouring the Seafoam in? Strange how it all happened nonetheless...

Like everyone said, since this is just a commuter, the original stock motor would be cost efficient. Low price for a slightly newer (same) engine, not complicated to swap in!

Good luck!

cghkvkjhb

5+ Year Member
Was there enough oil inside the motor? Did you flush out the oil after pouring the Seafoam in? Strange how it all happened nonetheless...

Like everyone said, since this is just a commuter, the original stock motor would be cost efficient. Low price for a slightly newer (same) engine, not complicated to swap in!

Good luck!
Yeah oil level was fine. On the back of the can it said 1/3 in crank case and rest in gas tank. Never mentioned changing oil or anything...

Found a motor with 40,000 kms (25,000 miles) and it'll be in and done by tomorrow.

civicsiracer410

5+ Year Member
i got a question for you on your first post you stated that you were in 5th at 100 - 110 km/'h in fith running in a d17a1 (you stated 1.7 liter right) then later in your comments you stated it was turning at 3000. at 3000 in 5th you should be running about 60. at 100-110 in a stock motor you are almost redlining 5th gear. that motor tops out around 110 with no mods. sorry buddy somewhere in your stories something doesn't add up you blew the motor slung a rod and your motor is as you said f***ed.

BrakeLights

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got a question for you on your first post you stated that you were in 5th at 100 - 110 km/'h in fith running in a d17a1 (you stated 1.7 liter right) then later in your comments you stated it was turning at 3000. at 3000 in 5th you should be running about 60. at 100-110 in a stock motor you are almost redlining 5th gear. that motor tops out around 110 with no mods. sorry buddy somewhere in your stories something doesn't add up you blew the motor slung a rod and your motor is as you said f***ed.
i think your confused with mph and km/h the op is from canada.

he was going 100-110 km/h which is around 60-70 mph

which is nowhere near redline for that car. ;)

Roly3031

5+ Year Member
This is crazy this just happened to me today, smfh Im just gonna save up and throw a K in my car now, and FYI 1.7 motors arent that reliable if you dont believe google it and see the problems people have with them,