need stock power!!!

sinister06civic

hey guys, I need some experianced advice on making power using stock honda parts. we have a 95' hatch turned into a stock car, bone stock motor... the rules prohibit mods so we want to know which parts are compatable to build a few horse's and look stock.. I would like to do the Z6 swap but completely unsure if the head bolts up with out any modification and also need to know what ECM is needed. any other parts swap over?? is the Z6 even the best power mod in stock form?

codeman76

What engine and tranny are you running now?

skribs89si

pissin on authority
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
The z6 will give you the most power in stock form and the only thing you really have to do is wire in the v-tec to the ECU you will need a P28 ECU. Are you planning a full swap or just the head? You can swap the Z6 onto the 1.5 block and the higher compression in the 1.5 plays make up for the loss in displacement.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The z6 will give you the most power in stock form and the only thing you really have to do is wire in the v-tec to the ECU you will need a P28 ECU. Are you planning a full swap or just the head? You can swap the Z6 onto the 1.5 block and the higher compression in the 1.5 plays make up for the loss in displacement.
this guy is almost correct.
Z6 is the best bet for you. the Z6 head will bolt up to a D15 block, all you have to do is remove plug from an oil passage.
you will need a P28 ecu, and need either harness from a D16, or to wire vtec in yourself.
the D15 is the same compression as the D16. the D15 has a shorter stroke than the D16.
i would recommend a full D16Z6 swap with a D16Y8 intake manifold to maximize stock power output. ;)

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
this guy is almost correct.
Z6 is the best bet for you. the Z6 head will bolt up to a D15 block, all you have to do is remove plug from an oil passage.
you will need a P28 ecu, and need either harness from a D16, or to wire vtec in yourself.
the D15 is the same compression as the D16. the D15 has a shorter stroke than the D16.
i would recommend a full D16Z6 swap with a D16Y8 intake manifold to maximize stock power output. ;)

sinister06civic

yeah, I planed to put the Z6 head on the d15 block. I'm well familiar with wiring vtec, I just wasn't sure if the head or block needed modifying or which ECM exactly to use. the D series is kinda new to me as far as modifying, I've always done the DOHC motors. all good info, thanks a s**t load!!

codeman76

If your running a d15b7 then do a d16a6 cam with a y7/y8 cam gear a d16z6 intake manifold 99-00 spec d16y8 header and a d16z6 or d16y8 tranny and it runs fine on a stock p06 ecu. I run this setup in my eg and i can hang with d16z6 or d16y8 with bolt ons.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wonder if people can get away with the f23a single cam

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i wonder if people can get away with the f23a single cam
i would go F22B1. its vtec, and has iron sleeves so its a stout bottom end. i always wanted to build one for my 94 hatch.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
z6 head or full motor and head along with y8 intake manifold. The y8 out performs the z6 intakemanifold. Then you can also use a b series throttle body.

emerican

Registered VIP
Just throwing out an idea but thermal gaskets might be something to look into since youd be pulling everything apart anyway.

emerican

Registered VIP
depending on how strict they are you might be able to get away with aftermarket underdrive pulleys if you painted them to look stock; however if its against the rules and they are going to really look at it you shouldnt do that