d1nonlyjv43

Dat Blue Demon Beast
5+ Year Member
Hey, I havent been on here in a while so I'd figure I give it a shot. I have:

1996 Honda Civic Dx
d16y7 5 speed

Has 99-00 Si Front end Conversion
Problem:

I want to lower my car and I want to put into consideration on the quality.
I have gsr Fat fives on it now sitting on stock suspension. Well I was looking to lower my car with the Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs and the AGX Struts(1.5 Front, 1.3 Rear). Well I found a good price on some Eibach Sportline Springs(1.8 Front, 1.8 Rear).I am also going to use the AGX struts if I get the Sportlines. Now the problem that I run into is that I am going to be getting 17 inch rims soon and Want to know if they are going to rub and or the front lip scrapping the curb or anything in the process of usng tha sportline springs and or the pro-kit. The tires on the 17's are 215/40/R17. Is the ride on the sportlines good or bad and would I be much happier with the Pro-kit more then the sportlines but I want my car to have a mean look along with riding very well. Please tell me what you think about this set up . Thanks ....Please do not bash thread ................................................

Blk05Civic

Reppin HX
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont the sportlines drop the car more?

i got coilovers just so i can adjust it when i wanted to

d1nonlyjv43

Dat Blue Demon Beast
5+ Year Member
Yeah the sportlines drop the car way more then the pro-kit. The thing is i don't want coilovers though

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you want your car too look good, DON'T get 17"s.

dyce590

True Life:I drive a Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont get 17s your car will ride like garbage. i am not trying to bash the thread but i am speaking from experience. i went from 17s to 15s and i love it. if anything dont get a rim bigger than 16in. if u want a rim that stands out just buy a deep dish rim.
as for the drop....if u want a noticable drop then u needa drop atleast 2.5in. im on tein s. techs (1.9in drop) and u can not rly tell that my car is dropped unless u put a stock civic next to mine

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah lowering any less than 2" won't give you that much of a noticeable stance. You'll notice it's lowered but not all that much.

And Sportlines have a slightly higher spring rate than Pro-Kit as far as I know. Which means they're stiffer. And stiffer = better handling but not always better ride. If you're worried about ride quality, that's where you take shocks into consideration. Mainly adjustable so you can further stiffen the ride or make it as soft as possible.

Go search on Honda-Tech. Search "eibach sportline" or "eibach pro kit" under "Appearance / Cosmetic" section. I was looking the other day and Pro-Kit barely gives a noticeable drop. Sportlines on the other hand dropped slightly more and (IMHO) is the perfect drop for me. About a 1-2 finger gap I would say.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**k the eibachs....get the H&R sports limited edition....exactly the amount of drop you need to get rid of all the gap on a standard civic...i measured. i have no gap on my car and the ride is comfortable. i am riding stock shocks in the front and tokico blues in the back. and theyre cheap

look at the black coupe on my sig...the rear is a bit higher cause the tokicos are stiffer springs....and i am also running 14' rims....with a 15 or 16 rim...you may even tuck a little.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**k the eibachs....get the H&R sports limited edition....exactly the amount of drop you need to get rid of all the gap on a standard civic...i measured. i have no gap on my car and the ride is comfortable. i am riding stock shocks in the front and tokico blues in the back. and theyre cheap

look at the black coupe on my sig...the rear is a bit higher cause the tokicos are stiffer springs....and i am also running 14' rims....with a 15 or 16 rim...you may even tuck a little.
Hey man, what size tires do you have?

Ag00Civic

5+ Year Member
I had H&R's and they rode very well. The drop was nice but too much for the area I live in...it sucked.

chinkyeyedemcee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
idk what the question is lol

but i just picked up some tein RS

and got a set of k sports that i will let go cheap lmk

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
16s are plenty big enough

but if you want 17s, i dont think either springs would rub, unless u went over a bump or over a dip.
agreed

Stick with 16's bro, i've thrown on 16's on my ej8 and handling was def. sacrificed. I was dropped
2.0+inchs all around and i rubbed like crazy. I would stick with 15's, our 6th gens handle and perform better. I admit there are some 15inch rims that look too small on our 6th gens so the next best thing would be 16's. It comes down to which rims you'll be choosing.

To answer your question if you'll be running 17's with the eibach pro kit/agx's, you shouldn't rub at all. Your motor will def struggle (as it already is with 14's haha) and your mpg will def. be lower than running 14/15 inch rims.

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm about to grab up some H&R Sport springs. 2.5"F 2.0"R I believe
Will I really be rubbing on 16's with 205/40 tires?

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm about to grab up some H&R Sport springs. 2.5"F 2.0"R I believe
Will I really be rubbing on 16's with 205/40 tires?
Those are Race springs (the red ones) and they slam the car. So you will probably rub.

97GreenEX

SiR=Hotness
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I meant race, my bad. Will I really be rubbing?
What about on 15" GSR Blades of LS Meshies? What size tire would I need?

bmoua

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I meant race, my bad. Will I really be rubbing?
What about on 15" GSR Blades of LS Meshies? What size tire would I need?
If you'll be running the h&r race springs you'll def rub with 16's, you'll need to roll your fenders. If your considering 15's you'll still rub but not as much. Tire sizes for 15's would be 195/50/15's or 205/50/15's, i like running 205's then 195's but thats just pref. You get a wider tire with the 205's keep that in mind

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah you would need to get a 50 series profile. You would probably experience less rub with a 195 width vs. the 205 width.