Need tips and advice for a engine swap to direct bolt to manuel tanny

hiddenramza

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hi and thanks for taking the time to look at my thread.

Here's what happen, Bought the car with problems over heating for 500 buck. 91 Honda civic nothing special, Found a pm3-16 and 92 stamp on the cylinder head so guessing its a 1992 it came out of.

I fix the over heating ,blown head gasket. changed the water pump, thermo, hoes's, radiator+fan, and all gaskets. car ran perfect but I still smell a little oil burning through the muffler still 6 months later.

6 months later I got a oil leak somehow ( its small ) probably since my car is low and I have grind on the road or drive ways but at the time I wasn't aware of it and over heated again do to no oil and got another blown head gasket. Fix her up again just changed all the gaskets and clean the water through the block as best as I could with a water hoes (sorry I don't own any better than ratchet + sockets) no money to get it pro cleaned.

Car runs great after the fixing but again that oil burning smell (its a lite smell) again through the mufflers.
I don't have any smoke at all and the smell is there for another 6 months. I have the total of 1 year now.

I think maybe the block cracked or something dew to 2 times over heating or maybe cracked on the head.
So save the stress I want to replace the block and head.

Here's the help I need. other then a regular swap for a basic sohc engine. i'm trying to find all the direct bolt on engines that are better than standard. Like a nice Dohc that a direct bolt to the tranny or any sohc that are nice again direct bolt to tranny. I cant get creative because i'm broke but I may find a deal somewhere.
looking to spend $400 and less ($500 but i'm pushing it) not including the block I can find a standard one cheap but I would like to know what other years fit on my tranny.

I know its not much but what cost 300 to one guy can cost 200 from another place.

So please share me some knowledge.

btw cant go vtec unless some how I find the ecu free of a trade or something in my town , I did a mini-me 95 zc vtec head on a 91 and after the cost of the ecu, swap convertor plug from obdo to obd1, fuel injector and the distributor I wanted to die

Thank you in advance