Need to DE-rice my exhast

jada64

5+ Year Member
I bought a Yonaka off ebay for $250 shipped. Sounds like my d is a b. Deep throaty sound but not raspy or loud. sometimes its actually too quiet.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Twin loop muffler

emerican

Registered VIP
^ agree man get the whole catback system whichever you choose dont just get muffler

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
I checked out that ws 2 system, that sounds perfect, and yeah I need a new header anyway so might as well get the whole system, not sure if I'll put the cat in though, from what I hear I can run without it here.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
running without a cat on a (im assuming by your username) 95 civic is nearly useless. Its hardly restricting anything and the disgusting raspy sound you get when removing it isn't worth it.

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
Yeah, I don't want that raspy sound and I think with the height it will be at after I get my coilovers I shouldn't have problems with the speed bumps anymore, "here they have to make them big enough to make the 4X4s slow down", plus the pic of the cat I found that comes with the apexi ws2 system looks smaller than the one I have now.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, I don't want that raspy sound and I think with the height it will be at after I get my coilovers I shouldn't have problems with the speed bumps anymore, "here they have to make them big enough to make the 4X4s slow down", plus the pic of the cat I found that comes with the apexi ws2 system looks smaller than the one I have now.
Your cat will be the least of your issues if your low, i know. I have a cat with a cover and it does tap, but i get stuck on my subframe first. So i wouldnt worry about that.

Also, the catback shouldnt come with a cat, it starts after. Its a resonator, muffler, and piping

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your cat will be the least of your issues if your low, i know. I have a cat with a cover and it does tap, but i get stuck on my subframe first. So i wouldnt worry about that.

Also, the catback shouldnt come with a cat, it starts after. Its a resonator, muffler, and piping
OP just said that he was gonna get the whole system cause his header was jacked up... lol.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cat is seperate from header and exhaust, unless he has it built into the exhaust manifold

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah I know that. I was just saying that OP said he was going to buy a full exhaust set up, and that the apexi cat included with the header back set up was smaller than the stock cat

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
ok so the part in the piping that looks like a really small cat is a resonater, thats basiclly just to quiet it down I should still have to use my cat then, right?

yamaharider324

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Apexi WS2 ftw, got it on my car with a dc 4-1 header and stock cat. When idling it almost sounds stock but still got some noise when you romp on it. Not raspy or anything either