Need tool!

bwahhj128

I lost my Tein basic coilover key to adjust the ride height,is there anything i can use besides the tool. my car has to be rasie in order to work on it and all my buddies dot have some. so is there anything i can use? please help

98 coupe

you could use a screw driver and hammer. or a big pipe wrench. dont have coil overs but thats what i would use first.
if you use a flat head screwdriver and hammer it on the lower lock ring it might brake free

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just drive up on some 2x4's. It is highly recommended to get an alignment everytime you adjust the height on coilovers.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just drive up on some 2x4's. It is highly recommended to get an alignment everytime you adjust the height on coilovers.
wtf are you reading?, he asked what he could use instead of the coilover wrenches . not how to get to his coilovers and when he needs to get a alignment.

as someone said above, try a hammer and flat screwdriver. put a rag over the tip of your screwdriver so when you miss you dont damage the coil

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wtf are you reading?, he asked what he could use instead of the coilover wrenches . not how to get to his coilovers and when he needs to get a alignment.

as someone said above, try a hammer and flat screwdriver. put a rag over the tip of your screwdriver so when you miss you dont damage the coil
wtf are YOU reading? He said he needed to raise the car in order to work on it. Which is why I said drive up on 2x4's. Which is also why I recommended not to adjust the ride height to simply work on the car since you should get an alignment whenever you adjust coilovers.

Chill out broski :thumbs up.