Need urgent HELP!!1 HONDA CIVIC 1.4i Automatic....

nasir.sultan

5+ Year Member
hello mateeess

i have just bought HONDA CIVIC 1.4I AUTOMATIC 5 DOOR 1998 .... I USED TO HAVE A HONDA CIVIC 1.6 LS 1995 .. IM FACING HUGE PROBLEM WITH THE FUEL CONSUMPTION ON MA NEW CAR ... THE MAIN POINT OF GETTING RID OF MA OLD CAR WAS BECUASE OF THE RISING FUEL PRICES IT WAS RUNNING EXPENSIVLEY BECAUSE OF THE BIGGER ENGINE AND PLUS THE ROAD TAX WAS EXPENSIVE.... AND I BOUGHT THIS NOW.. AND IT IS TAKING MORE PATROL THEN THE 1.6I ONE ..PRLLY DUE TO THE AUTOMATIC... I HAVE CHANGED THE OIL , OIL FILTER, AIR FILTER , PLUGS... AND I HAVE CHECKED THE GEARBOX OIL AS WELL.. BUT SEEMS TO BE DRINKING PATROL AS COMPARED TO MY 1.6..... WHICH WAS FASTER AND BIGGER ENGINE LOL.... KINDLY LET ME KNOW WHAT CAN BE DONE ON THIS CAR??? I DONT WANA GET RID OF THIS BECAUSE ITS DRIVE IS EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE .. BUT IM JUST WORREID ABOUT THE FUEL CONSUMPTION....

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME ?? DOES ANYBODY ELSE HAS A HONDA AUTOMATIC ???? LET ME KNOW??? HOW IS THIS CAR ON FUE??

HELP!!! HELP!!

CHEERS

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
do you have any CEL's.. Maybe your 1.4 has a smaller petrol tank than your 1.6.. IDK why you traded a 1.6 for a 1.4.. Alot has to do with your driving habits... your used to a "faster and bigger" engine.. so if you try to get moving faster due to lack of power, you will use more "petrol"

nasir.sultan

5+ Year Member
I Traded In Because The Petrol Prices Are Rising Day By Day And Since 1.6 Has A Bigger Engine I Presumed That It Would Take More Petrol Since I Used To Have A 1.4 Golf And Its Petrol Consumption Was Excellent.... Both 1.6 And 1.4 Are Fitted With 45 Ltr Tank.. I Have Actually Started Driving Like A Old Lady As Compared To My Old Car... Lol..

This Car Is Automatic That Means Only 4 Gears So It Takes Time To Change Gear Soo Most Of The Time The Car Is On A High Rev ....

I Dont Know If This Is Normal..as In Fuel Consumption

nasir.sultan

5+ Year Member
no no .. nothing at all the engine lights comes on when the ignition is turned and goes out after couple fo sec as it is supposed to :s ......

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
STOP YELLING AT ME

I just yelled louder, my caps were bigger.

.. Anyways, you might just need a tune up, make sure your tires are inflated properly, make sure car idles and runs okay, and make sure you don't drive like a d**k lol.

nasir.sultan

5+ Year Member
lol...thanx for the advice .. but i m driving like a normal person i used to drive really harsh on my previous car but still...the car is drinking fuel....lol....umm if i change the fuel filter will that make any difference???? i have not done that yet..