Need Your Opinion on Ride Height

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I want to get Tein H-Techs b/c I will be riding on stock shocks and don't want to deal with camber (and there's a 35% off deal at a local shop).

But do you think a one-inch drop is worth it?

Or should I save up and do something better?

I just don't want to spend too much and at the same time don't want to be a 4x4.

Here's a pic of the stock height.

celtic11

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In my opinion, its not worth it. I know there are certain applications where those are really good springs but I dont think they look good on civics. I got the Eibach sportlines which lower 1.8" and I still wish I would have went lower. In the end its up to you, but I would just as soon spend extra money later and be happy with what you get.

dwack91

5+ Year Member
I droped my acr 3inchs and i think it looks amazing but as celtic said it is all really up to you

NoBoost

138,000 Mi. EM1
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
H-Techs lower about 1-1.5" all around or something like that. I would say go wtih S-techs they lower 1.9 in the front, 1.7 in the rear...and they are actually oem replacement style springs that stock civic shoccks can handle. and since the drop is low, no need for a camber kit, just an alignment

I just put them on my 99 civic si on saturday. unfortunatly, i busted some bolts on the rear LCA, so its at the shop now-but i should have it back tomorrow WITH PICS jsut for you EK|B!!!
i did the fron end ok, so far the drop looks great :D :D :D

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sounds like Eibach Pro-Kit would be perfect for you. 1.5/1.7 I believe (it's been a while since I looked at them)? Over one inch but under 2, enough to look satisfying. sk8shorty has them with koni yellow shocks on his car and it looks fine. High enough to have a gap but low enough to look good with 16"/17" rims.

snozepp147

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
save for something else. i've got the H&R sport springs and KYB AGX adjustable shocks. i picked those up new for pretty cheap off ebay.

if you want to wait a month or 2 i'm upgrading my suspension and i'll sell you my current setup for cheaper since it'll be used (15k miles on the shocks and struts-not much at all). let me know if you're interested

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NoBoost said:
H-Techs lower about 1-1.5" all around or something like that. I would say go wtih S-techs they lower 1.9 in the front, 1.7 in the rear...and they are actually oem replacement style springs that stock civic shoccks can handle. and since the drop is low, no need for a camber kit, just an alignment

I just put them on my 99 civic si on saturday. unfortunatly, i busted some bolts on the rear LCA, so its at the shop now-but i should have it back tomorrow WITH PICS jsut for you EK|B!!!
i did the fron end ok, so far the drop looks great :D :D :D
Pics please! =)

Well I don't know, the H-Techs retail at $230 and I can get them for $160 shipped and I know eBay is wayyyy more than that. So I'm in a twist. :(

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Acutally, I just got another great deal but I don't know if it will fit.

94-01 Integra Eibach Pro-Kit

Will that fit the 6th gen Civic?

snozepp147

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they'll fit but they might have different spring rates. look up the spring rates for both the teg and 6th gen civic on the Eibach website if they're remotely close then i'd pick them up if its a good deal..

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Never mind, I did some research and found out that they are way different spring rates due to the Integra's weight. :(
I don't want the front of the car to be high while the back is low :(

BlackHopeDC5

Is Black Again??? :shock:
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1 inch drop is not worth it..

put four people in your car and you have the equivalent of h-techs

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
1 inch drop is not worth it..

put four people in your car and you have the equivalent of h-techs
:(
Not even when it's $160 shipped? :cry:

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think this is a perfect drop for me, he has H-Techs but on AGXs, will it sit that low on stock shocks?

snozepp147

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EK|B said:
:(
Not even when it's $160 shipped? :cry:
not even that, i don't think it's worth it labor-wise. replacing springs/shocks takes the better part of a saturday afternoon. i'd just save that $160 and use it toward something else.

like i said if you can wait a couple months i'll have a used H&R sport/KYB AGX setup. personally i think that's as good a setup as you're gonna get without going coilovers.

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i paid 110 for real tein s-techs brand new 2 1/2 years ago.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BlackHope121 said:
i paid 110 for real tein s-techs brand new 2 1/2 years ago.
Wow the price has gone up tremendously! :(

Do you think my car will be the same height on stock shocks as the other car I posted?

BlackHopeDC5

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nope.. look at ferio moreno's old pictures

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I will search for his car, but in the mean time:

Will Tein S-Techs be good on 70k mile stock shocks?