Need your opinion...

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ya, you are very right. Thank you guys SOOOOO much for all your help. I feel 10x's smarter. Haha.
your welcome, figured id be nice before people came in here yelling RESEARCH NOOB BLAH BLAH BLAH

Laozy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea if they start to ramble on about how the car is in great condition, just look them straight in the eye and say "Look I want the car, I have the money for it. BUT, Im not even considering buying it until having MY mechanic check it out. If you dont want me to, I will take my business elsewhere." You dont actually have to have a mechanic you regularly go to, but it sounds better if they think you do. And no matter how much you may like a car, be prepared to possibly walk away if they say no.
Maybe I should bring you along to check it out lol. But I'm glad I have family friends that are mechanics so I won't have to pay anything to get it checked on. Hopefully the guy will go with me to get it checked. If I say that line to the guy he might either... A) Leave or B) Will be happy to go to the mechanic. I hope its B...

Laozy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
your welcome, figured id be nice before people came in here yelling RESEARCH NOOB BLAH BLAH BLAH
Lol ya. So far all the threads I've made, people have been real nice to me.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Whether the salesman goes with you to the mechanic or not doesnt play as much of a role as whether or not they allow it. If they go along, it might show they are interested in satisfying you and making sure that the car is in decent shape. But I think that whether they say yes or no is more of a tell-tale sign. Either way, good luck. Come back if you have any questions.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Id say its good to have the seller go with, then they can reprice according to a mechanics estimate for fixes.

Laozy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok. The seller will most likely go if I ask. Don't think he will trust a 16yr old driving his car.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
id say still check out the car you posted, it appears clean and could be a good buy. its a good price if everything is legit

Laozy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ya. Should I call him when I have the money or just call him to make sure everything is good. It will be good to know if everything is good before I buy.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you never know until you look

As long as OP isnt week minded or easily guilted, he should have no problem seeing its a bad car and ignoring the sellers plee

Check it out before you have money

Laozy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol Jolly. I might do that if the car is a p.o.s.

Laozy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't think the seller will trick me into buying his car even if it is a p.o.s. I don't fall for stuff like that. I'm a very strong minded person. I even turn down free samples lol.

RUXcited

Lead foot.
There's only so much checking you can do. If someone with knowledge about cars can make most car symptoms go away long enough to sale a car. I've done it. I had a rod knock, I threw some thick oil in there, it went away long enough to sell the car.
ALWAYS smell the oil.:lol::lol:

gear oil has a very distinct smell. also i like to check under the dash for hacked up wiring. wiring is very easy to hide and can be very tricky to fix when it starts going wrong.

good luck!

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't think the seller will trick me into buying his car even if it is a p.o.s. I don't fall for stuff like that. I'm a very strong minded person. I even turn down free samples lol.
What!? free is always good.

Laozy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ALWAYS smell the oil.:lol::lol:

gear oil has a very distinct smell. also i like to check under the dash for hacked up wiring. wiring is very easy to hide and can be very tricky to fix when it starts going wrong.

good luck!
Thanks man. I'll be sure to do this as well.

Laozy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What!? free is always good.
Lol true. But last time I wanted to get a FREE sample, the chick told me to buy some to get a free sample... She must have been new there or something...

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Check the radiator and oil dip stick, the cars turbo'd so you'll want to make sure there's no coolant getting mixed with the oil and no oil getting mixed with the coolant. If the coolant has a chocolate milk look to it, turn around and walk away. Don't walk, run.

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Check the radiator and oil dip stick, the cars turbo'd so you'll want to make sure there's no coolant getting mixed with the oil and no oil getting mixed with the coolant. If the coolant has a chocolate milk look to it, turn around and walk away. Don't walk, run.
:word:

Laozy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol Jolly. I will try to distract him by saying, "Everything looks good. So tell me about the..." And just run for it!!!