needing bodywork advice

jessye08

i bought my 94 hatch about 2 months ago (paid 150.00$$ for her)

well it has a body kit that is growin more and more ugly to me so first question is where is a good place besides ebay to find oem body...

second the ppl who had it before be wanted to make her seamless so my entire car is bondo...

which i dont like, and they took out the roof railing and bondoed it in and one side has no bondo and completly rusted..

not sure how deep it goes...

so next question is would it be easier just to do the body work and sand down all the bondo and start over or just save up and buy a new hatch...

cuz i have big plans for my car just dont want to spend a few more grand just to start the actual work on my car..

id like to keep my car since it was such a good buy at the time...

me and my bf both have hatch's but his is already show quality and i want mine at that standard so if there is an easier way to fix this bondo mess please tell

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it depends where it needs to have bondo, areas like the bumper, fenders and hood, may be replaced, DEPENDING on how much damage your car haves. we would have to see some pictures and then advise you on your best route. I say replace as many parts with OEM parts, your car is an older model and so may find cheap OEM parts of craigslist and the junkyard.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sounds like you have a nightmare, id just sell it for scrap, and start over man, find one in a lil better shape

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds like you have a nightmare, id just sell it for scrap, and start over man, find one in a lil better shape
i think OP's a girl :P

post pics of the car

jessye08

there are pictures of my car.. it didnt have body damage or anything they just were idiots and bondoed everything... she really isnt a junker... has tons of potential..

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DAMN! poor car...It has alot of cracks and bends, good job on replacing to OEM. If the car is running well, and the engine looks like it wont break down, i say keep the car and do your preliminary maintenance before buying any parts for it.

***also you need to learn how to post and not link your facebook account, I know there is a stalker in this forum and you might want to hide your identity. you need to set up a photobucket account, upload your pictures and copy and paste the IMG link.

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
well it looks like the rear was molded in just sand it till you see the lines again as for the roof you can try sanding it down and it bring it back to oem but it just seems like way too much work just to bring it back to oem like 5.0 said just find a cleaner base if you truely paid 150 its for a reason sell it to some kid who just got his permit or license and keep searching

jessye08

yea motor is fine for now she uses oil sometimes shes very tempermental lol but i have a k20 thats getting built ( since i wrecked the car it was in lol) and my car we are putting a rebuilt d16z6 in and our other hatch is gettin a b18 so we can build our k20 for my car.... i do plan on replaceing alot of parts but i dont mind cuz i get a nice discount... my fiances hatch has about 8k put into her in the motor and body and interior and suspension... im not scared to spend the money i was already savin to put a k20 in my car before i wreck the bfs rsx type s... and yes i paid 150 for the car cuz dude couldnt pay for his new truck and fix up the car it was originally 600 cuz of blow head gasket but we are friends got a good deal...i really dont want to go buy another car.. ive had too many and findin a hatch that i like is hard im very picky and wont drive something i dont like lol...

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
keep it, it needs a lot of exterior work though, im a little worried about the section that has rust, CANCER. Is the bondo workable? any particular reason why the headlights have wires sticking out like whiskers?

jessye08

lmao lets just say this car needs alot of work lol... i gotta buy new door poppers the spring or something broke in them so they dont work so those "whiskers" open my doors sad i know

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Im going to be honest with you, being honest will probably hurt your feelings..

jessye08

lol im not on this forum to deal with drama from some dude cuz im a girl... lol i know my cars and i enjoy doin my own work... ive never messed with b ody work so im in here for that if he wants to say my car is a piece ill agree cuz she is that why i only spent 150 on her... she runs has ac and is a great start... lol im just needing advice

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol im not on this forum to deal with drama from some dude cuz im a girl... lol i know my cars and i enjoy doin my own work... ive never messed with b ody work so im in here for that if he wants to say my car is a piece ill agree cuz she is that why i only spent 150 on her... she runs has ac and is a great start... lol im just needing advice
she will be just fine here ;)

aight, plus side , they didnt do it to the front, just gonna have to sand all that s**t off, and find the body of the car again,

jessye08

lol well thanks... ive been around boys all my life learned not to take s**t from anyone.. girls are just stupid lol....i work at autozone in my town and i feel like enstine when these girls come in and some dudes... lol....

but yea im sure a weekends worth of sandin will get me back down to old car .... and i found me a few new body parts so i can go back oem cheap... and i can get my awesome paint job done

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sounds like a plan to me