Needles out of alignment?

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is it possible that my fuel and temp. needles in my cluster can be out of alignment since I was moving them and painting them last night? Speedo and tach seem to be alright.

o3civic_si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well you probably just messed up the needles im not sure how they are connected, but you probably just moved them a little.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and now my tach and speedo are sticking. Great. Has anyone had this problem? I hit the cluster and then they popped up and magically started working.
Mods piss me off.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you didn't need to take the needles off to paint them broski...

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you didn't need to take the needles off to paint them broski...
Thats the thing...I didn't. I just turned them a little bit so that I could paint them and that was all. Any idea why my speedo and tach are sticking? Once I give the cluster a little tap they come right back to life.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I give the cluster a little tap they come right back to life.
i have to tap my tach every time i start my car up. just the smallest tap. i THINK its the paint sorta getting sticky/maybe melting slightly in the heat, and sticking to the bump at the bottom. no biggie though imo

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have to tap my tach every time i start my car up. just the smallest tap. i THINK its the paint sorta getting sticky/maybe melting slightly in the heat, and sticking to the bump at the bottom. no biggie though imo
I've thought of that, and it makes sense, but paint really shouldn't get tacky if it's hot. I've also read that there is a slight chance that maybe the needle got slightly bent when I was painting, and that would cause it to drag on the face of the gauges (I doubt that's it though).

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thats really weird then.

I haven't had a single problem like that at all...